With the launch of Intel’s 8th Generation “Coffee Lake” processors we have a whole lineup of Z370 motherboards. Gigabyte’s high-end gaming brand AORUS currently has six Z370 motherboards. Today we are checking out the Z370 Ultra Gaming, which sits right in the middle of the lineup. This board will definitely be a great option for many people moving over to the Z370 platform as it has a low cost and of course in typical AORUS fashion plenty of RGB lighting. This ATX motherboard features dual M.2 slots, ALC1220 120dB SNR HD Audio with a Smart Headphone Amp, Intel LAN, Smart Fan 5 support, and USB 3.1 support. Let’s get this board on our test bench and see what it can do!
– Supports 8th Gen Intel® Core™ Processors
– Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
– Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready
– ASMedia 3142 USB 3.1 Gen 2 with USB Type-C™ and Type-A
– Front USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C™ Header
– Multi-Way Graphics Support with Dual Armor and Ultra Durable™ Design
– ALC1220 120dB SNR HD Audio with Smart Headphone AMP and WIMA audio capacitors
– Intel GbE LAN Gaming Network with cFosSpeed Internet Accelerator Software
– RGB FUSION with Multi-Zone Digital LED Light Show design, support digital LED & RGB LED strips
– Swappable Overlay for Accent LED
– Smart Fan 5 features Multiple Temperature Sensors and Hybrid Fan Headers with FAN STOP
– Dual Ultra-Fast M.2 with PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA interface
– USB DAC-UP 2 with Adjustable Voltage
– Anti-Sulfur Resistors Design
– Ultra Durable™ 25KV ESD and 15KV Surge LAN Protection
– Lightning-Fast Intel® Thunderbolt™ 3 AIC Support
– APP Center Including EasyTune™ and Cloud Station™ Utilities
AORUS keeps the same sort of design on their Z370 packaging as we saw on X299. There is a large AORUS logo on the front and it does let us know we do have the Ultra Gaming board.
Flipping over to the back there is a ton of information. Many of the main fetures are detailed, we have a full picture of the board, an overview of the rear I/O, and a list of specifications. Definitely more than enough information to make your purchase.
Getting everything out of the box we have the AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming Motherboard, four SATA cables, rear I/O shield, G-connector, driver and software CD, and a user’s guide.