It seems affordable high airflow cases are all the rage lately. The last two cases we’ve reviewed have been high airflow and we liked them quite a bit. The Pure Base 500DX came out last year and we did not have a chance to review it so with it in the lab it will be interesting to see how it stacks up against some of the latest cases a year later. This mid tower case features a mesh front for high airflow, three included Pure Wings 2 140mm cooling fans, a tempered glass side panel, and even some RGB lighting. Let’s take a look and see what it is all about!
– High airflow intake front panel and top cover for maximum performance
– Three Pure Wings 2 140mm fans guarantee high cooling performance and silent operation
– ARGB LED at the front and inside the case
– USB 3.2 Gen. 2 Type C for latest hardware
– Water cooling ready for radiators of up to 360mm
– Up to two SSDs can be installed prominently behind the window panel
– Generous space for high-end graphics cards and large coolers
– Side panel made of tempered glass
– Three-year manufacturer’s warranty
The Pure Base 500DX comes in your standard case box with a picture of the case on the front. On the back we have an exploded view of the case and some of the main features detailed.
Opening the box up the case is nicely protected by styrofoam and a plastic bag. There is also film on the tempered glass side panel to make sure it does not get damaged.