We are back with another AMD X670E motherboard! Of course with AMD’s latest chipsets and processors you are going to get DDR5 support and PCI-Express 5.0 support not only your graphics card, but also for M.2 storage. We’ve been a fan of MSI’s “Carbon” series of motherboards for a while as they always look great and offer a great feature-set and some things you just don’t find on other motherboards. With this board you are going to get an 18+2+1 power phase design, four M.2 slots with screwless mounting, a rear USB 3.2 gen 2×2 port, WiFi 6E and much more! Is this the board you need for your Ryzen 7000 series build? Read on as we find out!
– Supports AMD Ryzen™ 7000 Series Desktop Processors
– Supports DDR5 Memory, Dual Channel DDR5 6600+MHz (OC)
– Enhanced Power Design: 18+2+1 Duet Rail Power System, Dual 8-pin CPU power connectors, Core Boost, Memory Boost
– Premium Thermal Solution: Extended Heatsink with Direct Touched Heat-pipe, MOSFET thermal pads rated for 7W/mK, additional choke thermal pads and Double-sided M.2 Shield Frozr are built for high performance system and non-stop gaming experience
– High Quality PCB: 8-layer PCB made by 2oz thickened copper and server grade level material
– DIY Friendly Design: Patented Screwless M.2 Shield Frozr, EZ M.2 Clips, Smart Button, Pre-installed I/O Shield, Steel Armor
– Lightning Fast Game experience: PCIe 5.0 slots, Lightning Gen 5 x4 M.2, USB 3.2 Gen 2×2
– 2.5G LAN and Wi-Fi 6E Solution: Upgraded network solution for professional and multimedia use. Delivers a secure, stable and fast network connection
– MYSTIC LIGHT: 16.8 million colors / fancy lighting effects controlled in one click. MYSTIC LIGHT SYNC supports latest ARGB Gen2 strips, RGB strips and Ambient devices
– AUDIO BOOST 5: Reward your ears with studio grade sound quality for the most immersive gaming experience
The MPG X670E Carbon WiFi comes in your standard motherboard box from MSI. On the front it lets us know what board we have and that it supports AMD’s AM5 socket. Flipping over to the back some of the main features are listed and we have a full list of specifications as well and an overview of the board’s rear I/O.
Getting everything out of the box as far as accessories go we have the WiFi antenna, a set of MSI stickers, quick installation guide, M.2 screws, 4 SATA sables, RGB cables, and a flash drive with drivers, utilities, and the manual on it.