Today’s fast paced world demands that businesses not just have a web presence but have a mobile web presence. Whether B2B or B2C there is no escaping the demand from customers and clients to find your business using a mobile device and have full interaction with your business.
According to Forbes, 3 out of every 4 dollars spent online was with a cell phone or other mobile device. As such, the power of mobile apps to boost business is something you can’t afford to ignore.
Developing Your Mobile App
There are in essence two approaches you can take to mobile app development. They are:
- Develop in-house
Many opt for outsourcing as it takes time for development teams to learn about mobile applications, and while they are learning and developing the app they are dragged away from other projects.
When you choose a software engineering company to develop your app the following is important:
- Proven track record– Is the vendor you’re considering to develop your app experienced and has plenty of satisfied clients under their belt? If so, this could be the company for you. If not, you may want to look elsewhere.
- Concepts– Do they understand concepts such as compliance and security? Again, good knowledge is better than a blasé attitude as concepts of this kind can easily become serious legal issues.
- Contactable– What time zone is the software company in? Do they have dedicated people who are willing and easy to talk to? Mobile app development requires good two way communication so ensure the software engineering company you chose, places importance on being contactable around the clock.
- Talent– The engineers should be some of the best in the business. With this in mind, ensure you feel confident they understood your business and the purpose of your mobile app.
Advantages of Mobile App Development
After you’ve worked out what you want your mobile app to do, and chosen a software development team, the next step is to get ready for launch. Once in operation, your mobile app will give your business the following advantages:
- New markets/clients– A good mobile app adds value to your business and you’ll attract new customers and clients thanks to a better online presence. Mobile apps often add to your brand image and so your app will give you a better reputation and build trust.
- Add value to existing customers and clients– Once the app is in place your customers and clients will benefit. This is brilliant for customer/client retention, and again your business will benefit from a better reputation. There is a lot to be said for a better customer experience.
- Mobile feature set– Once up and running your app can utilize the mobile feature set which includes payment options, the camera, and sensors which all improve the user experience.
- Leverage push– With push notifications, you can easily mass communicate special offers, important information, and customer announcements.
With a little thought, your mobile app can enhance your brand, generate business, and help to build trust with your customers and clients.