Enermax ETS-T40 Overview
Taking a first look at the ETS-T40 White Cluster the first thing obviously that you notice is the white color. Enermax really has done a great job on the white color of the heatsink. Again as I said this is the perfect CPU cooler to match other white components.
On the front of the cooler you have a Enermax’s own high performance PWM fan that is also white and will feature white LED’s as well. It is held on to the cooler by two metal fan clips. You can actually fit another fan on the other side of the cooler if you like, but it is not included. Enermax has even sleeved the fans power cable with white sleeving, nice attention to detail there.
Taking a look at the backside of the cooler we can see that we are dealing with a tower-type CPU cooler. You have a large heatsink stick with the heatpipes coming up in a “U” shape from the base.
The cooler uses TCC / VGF / SEF / VEF and HDT technologies that are explained below.
– Unique TCC (Thermal Conductive Coating), to create better velocity of thermal transferring and to prevent oxidation on surface.
– Patented VGF (Vortex generator flow), to increase air convection in-between the fins.
– Patented SEF (Stack Effect), to enhance heat transferring bottom up.
– Patented VEF (Vacuum Effect), to optimize airflow inside the cooler.
– HDT (Heat-pipe Direct Touch), to improve thermal conductivity.
At the top of the cooler you can see an Enermax logo.
The four 6 mm heatpipes have been painted white as well.
The heatpipes go directly down to the base of the cooler and will make direct contact with your CPU. This will improve thermal conductivity, which should bring better cooling performance.