Nowadays, business is quite a tricky thing. You have to pay attention to your customers and their problems and never guide them wrong. But to provide such communication, you need a reliable help desk to integrate robustly with many applications and programs. Zendesk, as an industry leader, seems to meet the requirements. But there are some pitfalls to consider. Read below why you may not be happy while using this solution, and read more about what apps for Zendesk to use.
Today it is difficult to underestimate the significance of relationships with customers. The clients want better products and services as the market is highly competitive. So, the emphasis passes from gaining more new customers to retaining old ones and making them loyal. Indeed, the loyal clientele is more reliable for your company’s development and improvement of your product or service. So communication has to be easy and constant, from issue solving to community engagement.
Help desk for all purposes…
Zendesk is commonly known to be a universal tool for support and sales purposes. And it is pretty easy to explain with the wide variety of features available with this platform.
Zendesk features list
Using Zendesk, you can use the following opportunities:
- use all support channels in one place: chatting, emailing, voice communication, messages, etc.;
- use all sales channels in one place: chatting in real-time, voice communication, SMS, etc.;
- manage support tasks: track, prioritize, and solve the incoming requests;
- create self-help bases to let customers deal with their problems without assistance;
- add live chat windows on web pages;
- organize call center work;
- manage CRM data;
- analyze the efficiency of support and sales teams;
- manage customer engagement with the community.
These points include complex options available for support and sale services. Though, as functions are chargeable, it depends on you how many of these mentioned you will be able to use.
Benefits it gives
Due to rich functionality, Zendesk has several undeniable advantages:
- you can manage your leads and provide customer service within one platform with no need to switch your attention;
- communication channels are easy to use and manage despite their number;
- the complex solution allows for considerate analytics;
- simple to integrate with the other applications;
- supports many language settings.
But even though there are so many advantages to admire, the software has its inconveniences.
…but not for all businesses
As we can see, Zendesk is a fantastic combination of everything in one solution, with reliable work of the system and other benefits. But the more complex the program is, the more complicated the appliance is. Thus, Zendesk may not be convenient for some cases for the following reasons:
- The more functions you need, the higher the price for the plans is. It causes problems for small businesses which cannot afford to use this software.
- Plans pricing is problematic because of its complexity.
- The system has weak integration with e-commerce solutions. Small businesses will also find more difficulties than comfort in Zendesk functionality.
- You will need to spend some time figuring out how to work with such a wide functionality. The system complexity requires some training to use it properly and efficiently.
Thus, using the Zendesk software is best for enterprises, especially those specializing in education or financial matters. There is a wide range of options, allowing you to take care of marketing, lead gen, customer service, and analytics. But if you cannot afford the plans or need just some specific functions, look for alternatives. For example, Freshdesk can be an interesting solution.
To sum up, the Zendesk system is popular because of the functions it provides. The all-in-one approach makes the software versatile for many companies to organize robust communication, but its high price and complexity may not be appropriate for small businesses. In the case of e-commerce, it is a problematic solution too, because it does not provide reliable integration with relevant systems.