Toshiba is Officially out of the Laptop Business

Toshiba announced last week that they are exiting the laptop business. Toshiba has previously sold 80.1% of its shares in Dynabook Inc. to Sharp. Last week Toshiba transferred the remaining 19.9% of shares in Dynabook to Sharp and with that have officially left the laptop business.

toshiba laptop 2

“As a result of this transfer, Dynabook has become a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sharp.”, says the Toshiba press release.

This definitely feels like the end of an era, for those who don’t know Toshiba has been manufacturing laptops since 1985. Have you owned a Toshiba in the past? Share your experiences in the comments below!

About Author