Email deliverability is a term used to describe the ability to deliver emails to the subscriber’s inbox. But certain ways harms the flow of this deliverability. There are cases when the emails are directed to the spam folder or blocked by the internet service provider. But in spite of these problems, you have to make sure that the email gets delivered properly. You have to send e-mails that people love. This will prevent your content from becoming unwanted and irritating. But you have to keep in mind that you will be trying to impress two parties- the Internet Service Provider and the clients or recipients. To impress and creating a good impression is totally up to you.
There are certain ways in which you can use the best tools to improve email deliverability that can overcome these barriers and improve the flow of email deliverability –
- Authentication of the domain – Authentication of the email domain that you are using is of utmost importance. This is because, without proper authenticity, anyone can take over your domain. Elements like Sender Policy Framework and Domain Keys Identified Mail are used for this purpose. Using these will prove the user’s identity and stop email spoofing.
- Choose the subject lines carefully – Certain words are known to provoke doubts in our mind, that the mail sent could be a spam. Now, this must be avoided outright! So, you have to choose your subject lines wisely. Of course, there is no guarantee that you will be able to impress the clients every time but you have to try the best from your side. Use an attractive phrase word that will reflect on the genuine purpose of the email. There are plenty of subject line tester tools that will help your email stand out from others.
- Provide a preference option – You have to let the recipients decide what kind of propositions they want to receive via email. They will also be able to choose how frequently the emails will arrive in their inbox. This will put the recipients in control and they will be happy to receive the service. This will involve further engagements and you will be notified so by the internet service providers. An email preference center is quite effective. There are three kinds of preference centers, namely, time-based preference centers, content-based preference centers, and hybrid preference centers.
- Refresh your list – You have to refresh the list of recipients receiving the mail by checking out the rate of engagement. This will help you to build a good reputation in the market. If you continuously keep on sending the email to a recipient who has not responded at all, then you will harm your own image. The recipient will consider those mails as nothing but disturbing elements.
- Maintenance of IP – With an increase in the flow of emails daily, you will have to keep in mind that you have to select the proper infrastructure for the purpose. You have to add a dedicated IP address that would suit the capability of the number of emails that you are sending. You will have to warm the IP address before sending all the mails. This, in turn, will help you to gain trust with the internet service provider. If you keep on adding IP addresses whenever needed, the ISPs may lose their trust and may block the entire list.
- Avoiding spam folders – ISPs and email community organizations place spam traps to prevent spammers from sending unwanted emails. You have to keep a parameter and reputation that will not take you on this list. If any of your mail lands in the spam trap, you will immediately be flagged and blocked as a spammer.