Representation of the company on the Internet is no longer a fad today, but an everyday business task requiring a serious attitude from the company’s management. With the right approach, the content management system (CMS) is used to prepare materials for the site. Like any software product, it can be either paid or free, demanding or undemanding server resources, simple or difficult to learn and use.
Drupal is one of the best universal open-source CMS for today. This technology has a modular stable core and modules with unique functionality written by programmers from around the world. It’s very important to work in web development with competent companies (https://gole.ms/), especially those which contribute to Drupal development.
Among the main advantages of Drupal are the following:
- Open source. Drupal is distributed as free software (licensed under the GPL). This allows you to refine and customize the platform, and also makes it possible not to depend directly on the authors of the engine. It is also believed that open source projects are even better protected than closed ones.
- Free usage. Using open-source software saves money, while proprietary solutions usually cost a lot.
- Flexibility. Drupal has a convenient architecture that allows you to very flexibly customize the site. Thanks to this, it can be used as a platform for sites of any sphere, from news resources to sites with forums and other social components, as well as online stores. This technology can be used not only as a CMS but also as a framework.
- Large community. Drupal, like many other platforms, has a large community of developers who create new patches, modules, updates, as well as documentation, manuals and much more.
- Modules. Drupal has a huge number of modules that significantly expand its functionality and allow you to add almost any function. It is focused on developers, not ordinary users (as is often the case with other CMS). Therefore, it will be easier for developers to understand the engine and configuration of the necessary functionality.
- Caching. Drupal has a built-in caching system that can reduce server load and reduce page load time.
- Hooks. They allow you to modify data during processing and perform other actions. Hooks are not tied to individual objects, but to procedural points. In Drupal, such a model allows you to modify the functioning of the platform without introducing or rewriting a huge amount of code.
The Drupal engine can be used to create sites of varying degrees of complexity and functionality. Developers write a single code, and this allows you to quickly figure out the already written modules. Currently, over 300,000 sites are located on the Net on this system. And every year its popularity is growing, and more often hosters place such web projects on their servers.