I’ve said this before, but I am going to say it again…Corsair has really made a name for themselves over the past few years. Not that long ago we only knew them for memory and now they are a top name when it comes to power supplies, cases and gaming accessories. Their entry into the case market was great and every Corsair case that I’ve reviewed I’ve enjoyed. There really has not been much I have not liked about Corsair cases. They have unique designs, good cooling and none of the unneeded crap we find on so many other cases. Today we are taking a look at the top case in their Carbide Series the Carbide 500R. This mid tower case features a sleek design, 4 included fans, USB 3.0 and 2.5-inch hard drive support, a fan controller and much more. Did I mention this case has a MSRP of $129.99. Let’s check it out!
Specifications & Features
– Dimensions: 20.5” x 8.1” x 20”
– Supports graphics cards up to 452mm in length (with hard drive cage removed)
– Multi-channel fan controller
– Six 120mm/140mm fan mounts
– Four 120mm fan mounts
– Includes a 200mm side panel fan, two front-mounted 120mm fans, and one rear 120mm fan
– Four 5.25” drive bays
– Six 3.5” hard drive bays with 2.5” compatibility
– Eight expansion slots
– Supports most 240mm dual radiators (15mm spacing)
– Two-year warranty
– Front I/O panel contains:
Two USB 3.0 connectors
One Firewire connector
3.5” headphone and microphone connector
Power and reset switches
Fan LED on/off switch
The Carbide 500R comes in Corsair’s typical packaging. On the front there is a listing of some of the main features of the case. On the back there is an entire breakdown of the case.
Opening the case up it is protected by large pieces of styrofoam and a plastic bag. As far as accessories go you have your user’s guide, USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 internal adapter, cable ties and of course all of your mounting hardware.