Corsair has launched their newest chassis, the Carbide Series 200R. This tool less case is geared towards budget builds. This is probably the best looking $59.99 case that we have ever seen. This matte black case looks anything but cheap. Below is some of the info from the Corsair website on the Carbide 200R.
Designed for Easy Builds
Less work. More play. Build with the Carbide Series 200R and the only time you’ll need to pick up a screwdriver is to install the motherboard. The side panels and expansion slots use thumbscrews, and SSD, hard drive and optical drive installation are all tool-free. Cutouts for cable routing and CPU cooling make builds and upgrades neat and simple.
Easy to Expand, and Easy to Cool
Carbide Series 200R is compact, but it’s designed to let you build high-performance systems with massive storage, extra graphics performance, and superior cooling and ventilation. You get seven PCI-E slots, and you can install up to four hard drives and four SSDs at once. Eight fan mounting points let you expand your cooling system to match your high-performance components.
Easy to Use
The mid-tower form factor combines room for expandability and out-of-the-way exterior dimensions. USB 3.0, headphone and microphone ports are right up front, and the front intake dust filter helps keep the interior clean.
Smart ergonomics for easy, great-looking builds
- Side panel thumbscrews
- PCI-E expansion card thumbscrew mounts
- Tool-free SSD, hard drive, and optical drive installation
- Cutouts for cable routing and CPU cooling
Serious Expansion and Cooling Capacity
- Seven PCI-E slots with thumbscrews and room for cards up to 430mm long (300mm with drive cage)
- CPU coolers up to 160mm in height
- Install up to four hard drives and four SSDs at once
- Up to eight fan mounts (depending on hard drive configuration)
- Front panel USB 3.0, headphone and microphone ports
- Dust filters behind the front intake fan help keep the interior clean
Source: Corsair | News Archive