Creative has just launched the Sound Blaster X7, which they are saying is their most powerful and technologically advanced audio solution to date. It is not only designed for gamers, but for entertainment and other uses as well.
The unit itself has a 24-bit/192 KHz sound resolution, a 127dB digital-to-analog converter (DAC), and an 100W amplifier. The Sound Blaster X7 is a double honoree at the 2015 CES Innovation Awards in the ‘Home Audio/Video Components and Accessories’ and ‘Computer Hardware and Components’ categories.
Sound Blaster X7 Features:
– Burr-Brown (PCM1794) 127dB digital-to-analog converter (DAC) supports high-resolution audio playback of HD audio tracks up to 24-bit/192kHz when connected to PC/Mac, including 24-bit/88.2kHz and 24-bit/176.4kHz
– Texas Instruments (TPA6120A2) 600Ω headphone amplifier is capable of driving audiophile-grade headphones, with full and detailed clarity
– High power, high efficiency Texas Instruments Class D amplifier (TPA3116D2) delivers up to 100W power (2 x 50W @ 4Ω)* to passive bookshelf and tower speakers
– Burr-Brown (PCM4220) 123dB analog-to-digital converter (ADC) delivers high quality, low noise analog line-in audio playback and audio recording of up to 24-bit/192kHz
– Nichicon “Fine Gold” capacitors offers rich sound in the bass register and clearer highs
– USB 2.0 Host connectivity allows direct streaming of high quality, lossless audio from Android and iOS devices
– Asynchronous Mode USB Audio greatly reduces jitter and allows accurate high-resolution audio data transfer from the computer
– Swappable op-amps for customisable tonality
– ASIO support allows for reduced latency for a higher resolution audio experience
– Gold-plated audio connectors create precise contact for low signal loss
The Sound Blaster X7 should become available in December and has an MSRP of $499.