Sitting with your loved ones and playing a game of carom or cards was once the norm. However, as time did its thing this changed from cards to scrabble to video games! While board games evolved too in order to stay relevant, such as Monopoly, Cards of Humanity and more, video games still managed to create their own loyal market. To such an extent that board games such as chess, scrabble, etc. themselves made their digital versions available to keep their markets hooked.
Given that the growth of the video game industry is purely exponential, digitization of board games did not come as a surprise. This growth can be attributed to the fact that video games are not restricted to a certain demographic or geographic. There are enough varieties to lure and hook every age and gender. For instance, Candy crush addiction continues in the middle-age segment while the pre-teens and teens continue to get newer and more addictive games like PUBG! In addition, video games, unlike board games offer the unique ability to be updated as per the changing trends/market requirements. Take Subway Surfer, for instance, the developers keep adding new locations as per their changing demographics to keep them interested.
Thanks to the innovation and creativity video games facilitate, the video game industry has evolved beyond our wildest dreams. The growth can be seen in all aspects of the industry right from its market-size, to the revenue generated to the improvement in graphics! From having two oddly-shaped Italian brothers trying to save the princess (still love the game!) to having games like PUBG which enable multiple players sitting in different parts of the world to play together with graphics that seem too real video games have come a long way.
The graphics of games, the consoles or accessories we use to play video games have been constantly improving. Advances in virtual reality technology have even made some of us dream of one day playing in a video game itself or maybe not. Moreover, their popularity has also led to the growth of gaming sites.
So why do so many people play video games?
- Video games let people assume different personalities and form different perspectives
- Video games provide a cost-effective escape from the real world
- Video games help relieve stress
- Video games help build your skill-set
Given the varying needs video games serve, the gaming industry created a lot of jobs and enabled people to transcend their art into money. While video games are constantly improvising, there are certain problem areas that will hopefully be worked on in the near future:
- Buying a new title: Trying a new video game is a gamble. While the title may look promising the gameplay can be disappointing at best. This can be harmless in free mobile games but can be frustrating when spending thousands of rupees for playing on your PS or X-box
- Equipped to play: Playing video games can be an expensive hobby if you want to play it right. For instance, a normal laser computer mouse with 1000dpi (dots per inch – this number is directly proportional to the movement of your mouse on the monitor, a higher dpi number means better control on your mouse movement) is no match to a gaming-grade PC mouse with three to four times higher dpi number.
Given the investment involved in terms of time and/or money, we urge you to do thorough research before you head to buy a new game or pick up gaming as a hobby. Don’t get us wrong, we stand by the fact this is as rewarding as a hobby can get- but only if done right! Which is why portals such as GamingScan, scan and analyze gaming reviews in order to recommend the best gaming product to their readers for a chicken dinner (PUBG reference) situation for everyone involved! While there are others in the same league as GamingScan, these guys provide the most reliable and curated reviews so far. However, don’t just take our word, log on and see for yourself!