Kingston has just announced their DataTraveler microDuo, which features a dual interface. This small form factor USB drive will pack in a normal USB connection as well as a smaller microUSB connection for portable devices like tablets and smartphones.
The microUSB port on most devices is used for charging but you can now use the DataTraveler microDuo on that port to easily transfer files without having to connect your tablet or smartphone to your PC. The drive can be used with any USB On-The-Go compatible device. The drive will be available in 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB capacities.
Kingston DataTraveler microDuo Features and Specifications:
– USB OTG (On-The-Go): a standard which enables host functionality in certain phones/tablets with microUSB ports, enabling connectivity to USB devices like Kingston’s DT microDuo
– 2-in-1: microUSB and USB 2.0 connectors for easy transfer of files between smartphones, tablets, and computers
– Plug-and-Play: simply connect as you would a standard USB Flash drive
– Convenient: ultra-small, pocket-sized design for easy transportability
– Capacities**: 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
– Interface: USB 2.0
– Dimensions: 27.63mm x 16.46mm x 8.56mm
– Operating Temperatures: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
– Storage Temperatures: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
– Warranty/support: 5-year warranty with free technical support
Source: Kingston | News Archive