For a long time, streaming was considered the prerogative of bloggers, gamers, and game reviewers. They were the main content makers of video streaming apps. Nowadays, the platforms for online streaming are also used by business representatives. The possibilities of these services allow you to talk about your brand, demonstrate your expertise, and hold a training event. In this article, we will tell you how to build a video streaming app and how much it will cost.
What is a video streaming app and why is it needed?
A video streaming app is an online broadcasting platform. One can create a conference, organize an online event, or communicate with subscribers in real-time. Viewers from anywhere in the world can join the broadcast.
Video streaming apps provide consumers with the capabilities of television on the one hand, and the scale, flexibility, and innovation of the Internet on the other. There are also smart TV apps that allow watching live streams on a big screen. Thanks to their agility and constant updates, streaming services offer various advantages:
- for consumers: the use of multimedia content – watching a video is easier than reading information; users choose only the stream that is interesting; feedback is available, one can not only be a passive viewer but also leave comments in the chat;
- for leading streamers (individuals, bloggers, Influencers, celebrities, cyber-sportsmen, commercial and noncommercial companies): expansion of coverage to a new audience; increase of the user involvement due to the new and exclusive content; possibilities for monetization and promotion of the goods and services.
Video streaming apps are simultaneously media publishers and content distribution channels. At first, users did not appreciate the novelty too much, but in a short period their popularity literally “blew up” the Internet, numerous streaming resources and video streaming apps began to appear, and 2017 was officially dubbed “the year of streaming” by the media.
Video streaming apps that allow live broadcasts can be divided into next categories:
- free streaming services – social networks that present the possibility of streaming, such as Twitch, Facebook Live, and YouTube Live;
- live sections on marketplaces – internal features on e-commerce platforms to promote products, e.g., “Amazon Live,” “Taobao Live,” “AliExpress Live.”
- paid streaming platforms – these are services that not only allow you to hold a live broadcast but also to insert it in a blog or website, at the end of the streaming video will be available for download.
How much does it cost to develop a video streaming app?
Despite the fact that streaming services have been actively developing in the multimedia content market for several years, in 2020 their popularity has increased significantly, the catalyst here was the COVID-19 pandemic. With people being forced to stay at home on self-isolation, the demand for streaming platforms has increased. According to statistics, by the third quarter of 2020, total streaming views reached 7.46 billion, a 91.8 percent increase over the same period in 2019 (3.89 billion). Now the popularity of video streaming apps doesn’t think to go down, but creating them is quite a complicated process.
To get a truly high-quality video streaming app you need to turn to a full-service company. Look for those who provide you with turnkey video streaming app development, from idea analysis and market research to post-release support. The cost is a purely individual matter since the final price tag depends very much on the functionality.
Overall, a well-designed and feature-packed video streaming app can easily be developed within $30,000 to $45,000 depending on the type of development agency and its location. This estimate is for developing a native video streaming app from scratch.
Today we live in the world of hyper connection focused primarily on computers and mobile devices. Modern people are actively moving from watching movies in cinemas to online cinemas available at home, from buying physical music media to digital media, and from TV shows to online broadcasts of shows and bloggers that interest them. All of this is made possible through video streaming apps. Create your own video streaming app now. Just contact the experts at Perfsol and we’ll provide you with full development services in the shortest possible time.