ASRock has been collaborating with Fatal1ty on gaming motherboards for sometime now. For the Z170 series ASRock’s gaming line is made up of six motherboards. Today we will be taking a look at the Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6+ which sits right below the high-end Fatal1ty Z170 Professional Gaming i7. It has a very powerful feature-set included a 12-phase all digital power design, NVIDIA quad-SLI and AMD Quad CrossFire support, Killer E2400 gaming networking, ASRock’s Purity Sound 3 audio, USB 3.1 support and much more! Being a gaming board you get some extras too like ASRock’s F-Stream software and tools as well as 3-month premium license to XSplit broadcaster. Let’s jump in and see what the Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6+ Motherboard is all about.
– ASRock Super Alloy
– Gaming Armor – CPU Power / Memory / VGA Card / Cooling / Internet / Audio
– Supports 6th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors (Socket 1151)
– Digi Power, 12 Power Phase design
– Supports DDR4 3866+(OC) memory modules
– 3 PCIe 3.0 x16, 3 PCIe 3.0 x1
– NVIDIA® Quad SLI™, AMD 3-Way CrossFireX™
– Graphics Output Options: DVI-D, HDMI, DisplayPort 1.2
– Supports Triple Monitor
– 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC1150 Audio Codec), Supports Purity Sound™ 3 & DTS Connect
– 2 SATA Express, 8 SATA3, 1 Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA3)
– 4 USB 3.1 10Gb/s (2 Type-A + 2 Type-C), 8 USB 3.0 (2 Front, 5 Rear, 1 Fatal1ty Mouse Port)
– Free Bundled ASRock Front USB 3.1 Panel
– Supports Full Spike Protection, ASRock Live Update & APP Shop, F-Stream, Key Master, XSplit
For a full list of features and specifications check out the product page.
The Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6+ Motherboard comes in a typical retail box for a motherboard, except ASRock has it oriented in portrait mode instead of landscape. On the front it lets us know that it is indeed the Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6+ and that we get a free USB 3.1 front panel.
On the back we have quite a lot of information on the board itself. If you are at the store you will have more than enough information to make your purchase. Interestingly enough the gamer shown on the back of the packaging is not Fatal1ty.
Taking a look at the accessories that come with the board you have that USB 3.1 front panel and its connectors, four SATA cables, I/O shield, SLI bridge, driver and installation CD, case badge, installation guides, and a few screws for installing M.2 SSDs.
For a full unboxing and overview of the Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K6+ be sure to check out our video below.