When it comes to Intel Z790 Mini-ITX motherboards there are not necessarily a lot to choose from, especially if you are looking for more high-end boards. Well ASRock has one such board in their Z790 PG-ITX/TB4. Being part of the Phantom Gaming line you are going to get a 10+1+1 power phase design, a PCI-Express 5.0 slot for your graphics card, three Gen4 M.2 slots, Thunderbolt 4 connectivity, Killer WiFi 6E networking, and some pretty serious audio. All of this in the tiny Mini-ITX form factor which is perfect for small form factor builds! Let’s jump in and see what this board is all about!
– Supports 14th, 13th & 12th Gen Intel® Core™ Processors
– 10+1+1 Phase Power Design, SPS for VCore
– 2 x DDR5 DIMMs, supports up to 7000+(OC)
– 1 PCIe 5.0 x16
– Graphics Output Options: 2 USB4 Type-C, 1 HDMI, 1 DisplayPort
– 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC4082 Audio Codec), Nahimic Audio
– 1 Hyper M.2 (PCIe Gen4x4 & SATA3), 2 Hyper M.2 (PCIe Gen4x4), 3 SATA3
– 1 USB 3.2 Gen2x2 Type-C (Front), 6 USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-A (Rear), 2 USB 3.2 Gen1 (Front), 2 USB 2.0 (Front)
– Killer 2.5G LAN
– Killer 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6E + Bluetooth 5.3
The Z790 PG-ITX/TB4 comes in a retail box that is not much larger than the board itself. On the front there is a Phantom Gaming logo and it lets us know some of the main features.
Flipping over to the back we have a picture of the board, many of the features are detailed, there is a full list of specifications, and a run-down of your I/O ports.
As far as accessories go you’ll get your WiFi antenna, 2 SATA cables, 2 Velcro ties, three M.2 screws, thermal tape for the M.2 slots, a Phantom Gaming keycap, a Phantom Gaming postcard, and a user’s manual.