The Asus O!Play HD2 is probably the most attractive media player on the market. The looks aren’t only external, its interface is intuitive and easy to use. Multiple video and audio formats are supported by the O!Play HD2, along with a ton of options for playing back online media.
Although, the O!Play HD2 definitely isn’t flawless. Little things like timelines not working on the playback of AAC files, botched playback of some FLAC and MP4 files, and limited functionality of the Picasa, Flickr and Podcast apps bring the overall experience down just a notch. These issues could be worked out with a firmware update from Asus, so they aren’t totally showstopping. Overall, ThinkComputers gives the Asus O!Play HD2 a 7 out of 10 score.
- Attractive unit and intuitive user interface
- You can use your iPhone to remotely control the O!Play HD2
- Can playback almost any video or audio file
- Some MP4 and FLAC files have playback issues
- Can’t add your own video podcast feeds
- Flickr, Picasa and Podcast online apps have limited functionality