Cooler Master’s CM Storm line is geared towards gamers and rightfully so. The line is made up of cases, gaming peripherals, gaming surfaces, and notebook coolers. For some reason we here at ThinkComputers have not had a chance to take a look at any of the CM Storm cases. Today however we will get that chance with the recently released CM Storm Enforcer case. This case has a mean look to it hence the name Enforcer. It also features USB 3.0 connectivity, room for 2.5-inch drives and great cable management. Let’s check it out!
Special thanks to Cooler Master for providing us with the CM Storm Enforcer Case to review.
– Front I / O Panel with USB 3.0 (internal)
– Tool – free for 5.25” device
– Dust Filters on bottom and front intakes
– Cable management for better cable routing
– Reinforced front door protects your vital devices
– Supports rear internal 120mm water cooling radiator
– Removable & Rotatable HDD cage for convenient installation
– Support high-end graphics cards including ATI Radeon HD 5970
– Storm Guard – security system for safeguarding your gaming peripherals
|Material||Steel body, ABS plastic, Mesh bezel|
|Dimensions||(W) 229 x (H) 484.5 x (D) 523.5 mm
(W) 9.0 x (H) 19.0 x (D) 20.6 inch
|Net Weight||8.9 KG / 19.5 lb|
|M/B Type||Micro-ATX, ATX|
|5.25″ Drive Bay||4 Exposed (one could be converted to 3.5” bay)|
|3.5″ Drive Bay||1 Exposed (converted to 5.25” bay) / 6 Hidden|
|2.5” Drive Bay||4 Hidden (two converted from 3.5” bay)|
|Cooling System||Front: 200mm Red LED fan x 1, 1000 RPM, 19 dBA
Rear: 120mm black fan x 1, 1200 RPM, 17 dBA
Top: 200 mm black fan x 1 (optional ; can be swapped for two 120mm fans)
|Expansion Slots||7 + 1|
|I/O Panel||USB3.0 x 2 (internal), USB2.0 x 2, Mic x 1, Audio x 1|
|Power Supply||Standard ATX PS2 / EPS 12V (Optional)|
|Maximum Compatibility||CPU cooler height: 175mm
VGA card length: 270mm (with HDD cage)
390mm (without HDD cage)
The CM Storm Enforcer comes in a nice retail box that has a nice photo of the case in action on the front. On the back many of the features are detailed.
The specification are listed on the side of the box. Opening the box up the case inside was nicely protected by large pieces of Styrofoam and a plastic bag.