Earlier this year we took a look at our first system from AVADirect, which was more of a HTPC aimed towards 1080p gamers. AVADirect asked us if we wanted to take a look at another system and we said we wanted something a little more powerful. They told us they had the perfect thing in mind, one of their new Battlebox Ultimate systems. AVADirect offers the Battlebox Ultimate is many different configurations from HEDT like X399 and X299, to more mainstream X370 and Z270 setups. The Battlebox they configured for us is the Z370 featuring an AMD RYZEN 7 1700X processor, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB of DDR4 memory, an M.2 PCIe SSD, and much more. They even outfitted the system with RGB LEDs and custom sleeved cables! Is this system going to be able to handle 4K gaming? Read on as we find out!
Special thanks to AVADirect for providing us with the Battlebox Ultimate Gaming System to review.
· MSI X370 GAMING PRO AMD X370 Chipset ATX Motherboard
· AMD RYZEN 7 1700X Eight-Core 3.4 – 3.8GHz
· Mild Overclocking, 10-20% Performance Increase + Corsair H100i v2 Liquid Cooling
· Evga GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FOUNDERS EDITION 11GB Graphics Card
· Kingston 16GB (2 x 8GB) HyperX Fury DDR4 2400MHz Memory
· Samsung 250GB 960 EVO 3200/1500 MB/s PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe M.2 SSD
· Seagate 1TB BarraCuda 7200 RPM 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch HDD
· CableMod Custom Magnetic Hybrid RGB/UV LED Lighting w/ Remote
· EVGA Red G2/G3/P2/T2 Series Individually Sleeved PSU Cable Kit
· Windows 10 Home 64-bit DVD Edition
· Silver Warranty Package (3 Year Limited Parts, 3 Year Labor Warranty & LIFETIME Technical Support)
Prices Start at: $2149 (AMD Z370)
The Battlebox system arrived in a pretty big box with the AVADirect logo on it.
Opening that box up inside we find our system in the case box for the NZXT H440 as well as two AVADirect Accessory boxes.
Inside those accessory boxes you are going to find all of the extras that come with the system. So you have extra power supply cables, driver and installation CDs, motherboard accessories, etc.
Getting the case out of the box it is very nicely protected inside and out. The side panel window has plastic covering on it to prevent from scratches and then inside you have a sealed Air pack. This is in there to make sure your components do not move around or get damaged in transit to your place.