Computers are widely used in all spheres of life, especially education. If you are a student, you probably already have a computer or laptop. But is it really good? How well does it handle daily tasks? Experrst form EduQuickie say that education computers play a big role in the life of a student, so you should pick your laptop wisely.
There are many models on the market, so it can first be hard to make the right decision. You will have not only to watch a video about a laptop or read the article but also compare it with other models. How to choose a computer for educational purposes that won’t cost a lot? Find out in this article.
How to choose the right laptop for studying
There is no exact instruction to tell you which education computers you should get. But there are some general tips on which hardware and software might be better. Here are some tips:
- The performance of the laptop really depends on what kind of processor you choose. Pay attention to the AMD A-Series or i3/i5/i7 Intel processors. Laptops that go with these processors can be a little bit expensive, but it is definitely worth the money.
- No doubt, the more memory the machine has, the better it is for a student. Your processor will rely on memory. Choose the memory that will not be less than 2 gigabytes, but of course, it is best to have more.
- Operating system. There are many operating systems that can be useful when you work on different tasks. Microsoft Windows 10 is the latest version of Windows and it works fine for most assignments and problems. If you are studying advanced programming, you might want to consider Linux.
- Bigger laptops might be more powerful than smaller ones, but they will be hard to carry around. If you are going to take it with yourself very often, consider getting a laptop with a smaller screen size.
- Hard drive. You will be able to store more data on it: files, docs, music. games, etc. Making sure you have enough space on the hard drive will save you from the situation when you won’t be able to download or store any files you need.
- Battery life. A long-living batter will provide you with a much better learning experience than just the regular one. Sometimes it can be hard to always carry the charger with yourself, and there is always a chance you might forget it. Nice battery will let you use your computer in the classrooms and access information at any time.
- Most of the laptop models are powered by a CPU and is also including the integrated card. It will be comfortable in use since you will be able to play many games, do streaming, and support three displays at max. But if you are into gaming or filmmaking, it is best to choose a dedicated graphics card.
The most important laptop apps for school and university education
People from EditProofRead There are many apps that are designed to help students study better. Digital learning is one of the recent educational trends, and more and more people computers in education in order to learn new materials on a better level. Here are some of the best apps you should definitely use on your laptop:
- Wolfram Alfa. It is hard to call it a calculator since it is more than that. It works like a search engine that conducts research with the help of a special algorithm and helps you find a suitable solution for your problem.
- myHomework. If you want to succeed in school or college, you should learn how to plan. One of the best tools for planning your time and activities is myHomework. All of the subjects, assignments, Announcements, and themes can be put in one place, so you will track all of the tasks you have.
- Google Drive. Now, you can easily combine education and technology in your studies. Google offers you a wide range of tools and applications which can be used to study. Google tables, docs, sheets, as well as many other apps can be very useful in college.
- Quizlet. Many teachers use this app in the classroom, and it is becoming now more and more popular. Quizlet offers fun games and flashcards to help you memorize material better.
Get the education you want
The most important thing you should on your learning path is to work on your own self-development. Don’t limit yourself to the subjects the school or college is teaching you. Computers have changed education a lot, so use them to your own benefit. Get a laptop that will work well, and use it in your daily life to work on all kinds of tasks you get. You will notice how much your habits and learning techniques changed over this time. Who knows, maybe one day you will write your resume on it.