It is true that making a switch to a different energy supplier is not a tricky process, but finding the right one to switch to is the real catch. Thankfully, comparison sites, where you can compare different deals side-by-side, are readily available and easy to use. However, the availability of so many suppliers can in itself make deciding who to switch to confusing so here’s what to check to find the best energy supplier for your switch.
- Ensure the new energy supplier is licensed to provide services in your area. Not all suppliers can provide you with the type of services you want or need, and this is especially true if you’re looking for renewable energy deals. You need to be clear about the source of the energy you want and ensure your selected supplier is offering that at a competitive rate.
- When checking different deals, don’t forget to find out all the charges and fees. Some suppliers lure you into cutting a deal with lower rates for a time, but surprise you later with sudden increases or hidden charges and fees. A good energy supplier will offer all the necessary information willingly and as clearly as possible.
- Check your current costs before taking the plunge. Switching a supplier is an important decision but to avoid making a mistake you should pay attention to your current costs first. Knowledge about the amount and cost of energy you need for your home will put you in a better position to recognize a good deal. To make an informed decision you should take time to closely scrutinise your bill and know how much you’ve been paying for the current usage.
- Pay attention to the history of your desired energy supplier. With so many popping up in recent years, you need to know the one you are choosing is reliable and approachable if anything goes wrong. Even if you do want to stick with one of the national companies for the security, you should keep in mind some smaller suppliers are often in a better position to offer a cheaper tailored deal.
- Learn about the customer service before making the switch. A cheaper deal may be tempting, but don’t make the move unless you know something about the quality of customer service. One way is to read customer reviews or check out the forums. Sometimes it’s worth asking around in your area. Whether or not a company has good customer relations could be the decider with the most popular kinds of deals.
These days, most of us are looking for ways to save on energy bills. They represent a huge proportion of the typical family budget. Keeping warm indoors has become an ever-increasing challenge for some. If you switch to a cheaper energy supplier, it may help you save only a few bucks but could be the difference between having the heating on in the evening and enjoying your home or having to stay put under a duvet to keep warm.