System Overview and Testing Procedures
Going over our Intel Z170 system it is made up of the following components.
Processor: Intel Core i7-6700K
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1060 Gaming X 3GB
Motherboard: ASUS Z170-A
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Tactical DDR4-3000 32GB
Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K
Power: Corsair AX860i
Cooling: Cooler Master MasterAir Pro 3
Case: HighSpeed PC Top Deck Tech Station
Before we get into testing we open CPU-Z and take a look to see that our set XMP profile is correct. This kit operates at 3000 MHz with timings of 15-16-16-35 at 1.35V.
For testing we will run the memory at its stock or XMP profile settings using the below benchmarking software. We will then run the tests again our max overclock of 3333 MHz. Below is a list of benchmarking software that we use.
– SiSoftware Sandra Memory Bandwidth Benchmark
– SiSoftware Sandra Cache & Memory Latency Benchmark
– SiSoftware Cache Bandwidth Benchmark
– AIDA64 Cache & Memory Benchmark
– Cinebench R15 Multi-threaded test
– 3DMark Fire Strike Physics test
Now let’s get to testing!