NZXT has been at the AiO game for about as long as anyone else. Over the years they have released many coolers of varying degrees of efficiency, but always using Asetek hardware, and always with a little twist to add that special NZXT flavor to the mix. Always the trendsetter rather than follower, year in and out we are treated to unique, well informed parts from the Los Angeles based company. Today’s product is no exception. Taking color and lighting to the next level, the Kraken X52 is one 240mm AiO that at the very least is going to turn heads. Follow along as we dig in and find out if the performance matches the aesthetics.
– The all-new Kraken Series features the most advanced controls ever to be included in an all-in-one liquid cooler. Through CAM’s software interface, users can fine-tune settings to ensure an optimal performance, even in the most intense gaming sessions. Everything, including the pump, radiator, and the fans, have been redesigned to bring you the greatest experience in liquid cooling, all backed by an industry-leading 6-year warranty.
– New performance engineered pump
– Individually addressable RGB and infinite mirror design
– CAM Powered for complete software control
– Includes Aer P radiator-optimized fan
– Advanced lighting modes for a fully dynamic lighting experience
– Reinforced, extended tubing for increased durability
– Industry-leading 6-year warranty
– Radiator: 275 x 123 x 30mm
– Pump: 80 x 80 x 52.9mm
Material: Aluminum, copper, plastic, ultra-low evaporation rubber, nylon sleeving
CPU Socket Support:
– Intel Socket 1151, 1150, 1155, 1156, 1366, 2011, 2011-3
– AMD Socket FM2+, FM2, FM1, AM3+, AM3, AM2+, AM2
Ram Height Clearance: 35mm
– Fan: Silent / Performance / Custom / Manual
– Pump: Silent / Performance / Custom / Manual
Control Method: Software with CAM
– Preset Modes: Fixed, Breathing, Fading, Marquee, Covering Marquee, Pulse, Spectrum Wave, Alternating, Tai Chi, Water Cooler, Loading
– Reactive Modes: Smart and Audio
Pump Speed: 1,000~2,800 +/- 300RPM
Fan Model: Aer P120
Number of Fans: 2
Fan Speed: 500~2,000 +/- 300RPM
Fan Noise Level: 21-36dBA
Warranty: 6 years
Model Number: RL-KRX52-01
Picking the Kraken X52 up from the shelf you will find a medium sized box wrapped in cellophane and printed with matte purple and white colors. The front of the box features an image of the cooler over a white background with large black text above with the product name.
Turning to the right side panel we find the full set of product specs that are listed above along with a performance graph. Another 90 degrees brings you photos of features as well as an introduction to CAM, the software NZXT has built to monitor and tweak their hardware.
Another rotation brings you the product specs in 10 languages in addition to English and finally the top of the box has a big white NZXT logo on a purple background.
Flipping the top of the box back we find a little inspirational message, ‘Build the Extraordinary’; not a bad theme to build up your rig to. Conversely when we bend this purple flap back we find the inner packaging for the X52 is actually pretty basic. That is, a manual resting on the side of an egg carton style cardboard mold. This is the same packaging we’ve seen for years across the market, and that’s alright if not a little worn out, as it always delivers a damage free product.
Inside the carton you will find all of the parts and accessories wrapped away up and tucked firmly into specifically molded sections. Everything pulls easily out, and as mentioned is all wrapped in plastic bags.