If you follow Galaxy or GALAX as they are now known as you know that their top of the line cards are their Hall of Fame Series. Well GALAX has just released their Hall of Fame cards for the GTX 980 and GTX 970. Each card is factory tuned with the highest core clock in its class.
The reference GeForce GTX 980 has a core clock of 1126 MHz and boost clock of 1216 MHz, well the GALAX GeForce GTX 980 HOF has an impressive factory overclock bringing to core clock up to 1304 MHz and the boost clock all the way up to 1418 MHz. The GTX 970 HOF also has an impressive factory overclock of 1216 MHz for its core and 1380 Mhz for boost, compared to the stock 1051 MHz core and 1178 MHz boost.
Falling in the footsteps of previous HOF cards these two have custom-designed white PCB’s, ultra-premium components, a 7 heatpipe triple fan cooler and a pretty slick back-plate. Galax has also added their exclusive Hyper Boost technology which acts like a hardware turbocharger, increasing the maximum power delivered to the GPU with a push of a button. Both cards also have a dual BIOS function.
– Completely redesigned PCB layout from the ground up, optimized for GM204
– 10 layer manufacturing process in HOF signature pure white color
– Extended PCB width for optimized layout and cleaner signal
– Advanced GALAX exclusive “Triple Force” cooler
– 2x 80mm fan + 1x 90mm fan
– 4x 8mm heat pipes + 3x 6mm heat pipes (total 7 nickel-plated heat pipes)
– Copper base cooler
– Integrated MOSFET heatsink
– Customizable top HOF LED (control blanking frequency, brightness with GFE)
– Plastic cover with premium die-cast aluminum accents
– Anodized aluminum backplate protects components and reinforces PCB
– Next generation IR3595 Digital PWM controller provides 2X switching frequency vs. previous generation
– 8 phase GPU + 2 phase memory power
– IR3555 with next gen DrMOS and 60A output
– Aerospace-grade GALAX Extreme Power Inductors provide ultra-long life, high endurance and low noise vs. normal power inductors
– Hyper Boost technology acts like a hardware turbocharger, increasing fan speed and maximum power delivered to the GPU with the push of a button
– Voltage tool (developed by enthusiasts) allows voltage beyond stock limits
– Hardware dual BIOS simplifies the tweaking process by enabling risk-free firmware updates and customization
– Prelim internal overclocking results: >1.5GHz on air, >2.1GHz on LN2
Source: Guru3d | News Archive