Online casino games are quite popular around the internet, which is a great incentive for software designers to experiment with different genres of iGames. From video slots and lottery to card games including poker, baccarat, craps, and blackjack, online casinos have a ton of options on the table.
The growing demand pushed game designers to test their limits. Designing a browser game isn’t a walk in the park and requires a great deal of knowledge and technical expertise. Keeping that in mind, here’s our list of the seven most crucial elements of game designing. If you’d like to read more on the subject, Casino Rocket has the best online casino for beginners.
7 Steps to Designing Casino Games
- Validate the Odds of the Game – Although physical casinos are always on the lookout for more gamblers, new table games aren’t added that often. Some of the latest casino games include Pai Gow and Three-Card Poker. Designers must calculate the odds percentage before finalizing the title.
- Figure Out the Rules – Once you’ve designed a few games, forming a set of guidelines becomes easy. There are numerous games for inspiration. Designers usually take notes from the most popular casino games and come up with unique solutions.
- Patent Your Game – Naming your game might sound arbitrary at first, but patenting is the most important step in the process. For the best results, avoid complicated terms while trying to keep things simple! Naming your brand lends it an identity that will come in handy in the long run.
- Get Used to the Industry – If you’ve been a part of the industry long enough you acquire the necessary expertise to suggest improvements or come up with unique concepts. Amateurs make basic mistakes like overcomplicating simple elements that are detrimental to the overall performance.
- Sort Out the Equipment – Every casino game needs a set of virtual equipment. For instance, video slots need to replicate physical slot machines while roulette has the giant wheel. Although minor design elements can be altered, messing with crucial elements isn’t recommended.
- Calculate the House Edge – Deciding the house edge is probably one of the most difficult tasks for game designers since the balance hangs by a slim thread. While a lax house edge will result in losses for the operators, getting too strict can scare away potential gamers long before the title gains popularity.
- Marketing and Promotions – Perhaps the most important part of the deal, marketing your brand to casinos and online operators is a huge task that must be completed with additional vigour. Getting a positive response early on from the consumers is a huge deal and can make or break your game’s future.
Browser games are popular, but the players must ensure the highest standards of security before signing up at a new establishment. Also, make sure you’ve read the fine prints before agreeing to use the casino’s services.