AMD Ryzen 5000 series CPUs come with support for existing 400 and 500 series motherboards. Now, we’re getting to see motherboards with outright support for these new Zen 3 chips. MSI has just announced the new flagship AMD motherboards, based on the B550 chip, the MEG B550 Unify series.
This new series is designed for overclocking. Take a look at the announcement:
Still haven’t decided which motherboard to pair with the upcoming #Ryzen5000?
Take a look at the new MEG B550 UNIFY, an exceptional motherboard in the top-end B550 segment, and is now joining the roster of MSI B550 lineup.
— MSI Gaming USA (@msiUSA) October 27, 2020
There are two variants for now. The MEG B550 Unify-X will retail for $299 US. Here are the specifications:
- Quadruple M.2 Connectors: Maximum onboard 4x M.2 slots, support the latest Gen 4 solution with up to 64GB/s bandwidth for maximum transfer speed.
- Extreme Power Design: Direct 14+2 phases with 90A Power Stage and dual CPU power connectors to unleash your true power.
- Premium Thermal Solution: Aluminum Cover with additional choke thermal pad rated for 7W/mk and PCB with 2oz thickened copper are built for high performance system and non-stop gaming experience.
- 2.5G LAN with LAN Manager and Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX Solution: Upgraded network solution for professional and multimedia use. Delivers a secure, stable and fast network connection.
- Lightning Fast Game experience: PCIe 4.0, Lightning Gen 4 x4 M.2 with M.2 double-side Shield Frozr, AMD Turbo USB 3.2 GEN 2.
- The other variant is the MSI MEG B550 Unify that will retail for around $279. The specifications are nearly identical, except that the memory overclocking capabilities are slightly lower.
- Thoughts? Hit us up in the comments, down below!
- Via Wccftech