When it comes to power supplies we know that the 80 PLUS certifications are very important. The certification lets consumers know how efficient the power supply they are purchasing is. Currently the highest certification in the US is 80 PLUS Platinum, which offers 92% efficiency at 50% load and 89% efficiency at 100% load. Today we will be taking a look at one such 80 PLUS Platinum certified power supply in Rosewill’s Tachyon 750W unit. This power supply features a single 12V rail design, semi-modular cables, and a silent 140mm fan. Let’s take a look!
Special thanks to Rosewill for providing us with the Tachyon 750W Power Supply to review.
– 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified
– Continuous 750W@50°C
– Supports Intel Haswell CPU C6/C7 Low Power State
– Single strong 12V rail – idea for Gaming system
– SLI & CrossFire Ready – 4 x 6+2pin Connector
– Modular cable design
– 1x Silent 140mm Fan with Auto Fan Speed Control for better silence
– Active-PFC with auto AC-input voltage adjustment(100-240V)
– Black Coating Housing
– Mesh sleeving on all cables for easier cable routing and better ventilation
– Over Current/Voltage/Power Protection, Under Voltage Protection, and Short Circuit Protection provide maximum safety to your critical system components
– Safety & EMI Approval: cTUVus, FCC, CE, ROHS
The specifications of the unit can be found here.
The Tachyon comes in a nice retail package from Rosewill. On the front is a photo of the unit and a list of some of the main features like the 80 PLUS Platinum certification, 5 year warranty and modular cables. On the back it has the same list of features you see above, a listing of connectors and your input and output numbers.
Opening the box up we find everything nicely packed inside. Getting it all out we have the Tachyon 750W unit, bag of modular cables, power cable, zip ties, mounting screws and the user’s manual.