SK hynix is a name you might have heard before, they are one of the big names in DRAM. Up until now you would see SK hynix products in SSDs, DDR memory, graphics cards, and more. Now SK hynix has decided to make their own consumer products, starting with the Gold P31 M.2 NVMe Solid State Drive. The thing that makes this drive interesting is that every part of the drive is made by SK hynix, the controller, DRAM, flash, and even the firmware. This means they have full control over everything, which is something you really don’t see these days. We will be taking a look at the 1TB version of the Gold P31 which features sequential read and write speeds of 3500 MB/s and 3200 MB/s respectively, SK hynix also backs the drive up with a 5-year warranty and a 750 TBW rating.
– Fastest-in-class – Read speeds of up to 3,500 MB/s and write speeds of up to 3,200 MB/s (*based on PCIe Gen3 SSD)
– The world’s first 128-layer NAND flash-based consumer SSD – featuring the in-house technology of global tech pioneer
– Superior reliability and stability – Tested and validated through 1,000 hours of high-temperature operating life tests(HTOL) with mean time between failures(MTBF) reaching 1.5 million hours, up to 750 TBW(terabytes written)
– Proven leader, Trusted products – Powered by the world’s 2nd largest memory manufacturer, a tech leader since 1983
– 5-year warranty –support and reliability are built into our ultimate protection plan
The SK kynix Gold P31 comes in a small box with a gold gem on the front. It also lets us know the capacity, which in our case is 1TB. SK hynix does offer the drive in both 1TB and 500GB versions.
Flipping over to the back we really don’t have that much, but we can see that SK hynix does give the drive a 5-year warranty.
Opening the box up and getting everything out we have the Gold P31 drive, user instructions, and a terms and conditions guide.