G suite is among many used cloud collaborating tools. It serves over 5 million organizations and more than 50 million active users. There are millions of apps on the G Suite site, and it may be difficult for a user to determine which might be the best suited for an organization. One should be familiar with the marketplace applications in various categories to have the upper hand. This enables one to learn more about matters that concern them. It’s vital to be aware of the following:
Getting to the marketplace
- Proceed to search for marketplace websites or choose to sign into the Google admin console.
- While using the Google admin console, one can opt to check the dashboard under ‘tools’ where one can click on the G suite marketplace.
- Click on ‘apps’ then ‘marketplace app’ at the top of the page.
By going through the marketplace apps, one can be in a better position to learn about the different apps needed by specific departments such as sales and marketing or HR or finance. One can come across apps that make communication, project planning, and management a walk in the park for everyone.
When all is said and done, one may proceed with downloading the apps that go hand in hand with organizational goals and objectives. One can learn a few basic procedures such as:
How to install an application
- One should browse the marketplace apps and identify questionable apps before proceeding to the next step.
- After which, one has to open an app and check its description. This ensures they are in line with what a user is searching for.
- Click install and then proceed.
- It’s vital to go through the terms and conditions as well. This will pave a path to ensuring one knows if they want to make the application available for whole domains or to specific departments.
- Check the agreement box and press accept. It’s important to grant information access only if you trust the app as well as the vendors. One should be careful so as not to allow malicious domains that may corrupt the entire system of the organization.
Depending on the marketplace app, one may experience a few additional setups such as:
- Click the ‘manage app’ within the install dialog box to open the settings page of the app in the Admin’s console.
- After that, a user can click ‘settings’ and then go to additional settings, thus completing the G Suite setup wizard as well as the configuration stage.
- When the installation is over, one may click ‘done,’ which will launch the application.
Benefits in installing applications from G suite
- Keeping tabs on files
Tracking files that have been used in a company can be tedious, and some might even get lost in the process. Instead of running that risk, one can opt for G Suite where the documents are stored in the cloud and can be accessed at any time.
- Document sharing
With G Suite, multiple departments are brought under one roof. After the app is installed, sharing documents would be a lot easier with the click of a button.
- Store capacity
One is assured of a greater storing space of up to 30GB as compared to the 15GB offered on Gmail accounts. The storage space can be upgraded depending on a person’s account after paying an additional fee.
- Verification steps
With increased cases of cybercrimes, organizations should take up more measures for their own safety. By selecting G Suite, one is assured of a 2-step verification procedure that ensures every device app connected to the network is verified by phone and email. This ensures that sensitive documents don’t fall into the wrong hands. They are protected using layers of encryption codes and verification steps.
- Many aliases
Installing apps using G Suite enables one to use many aliases. This ensures there’s diversification. To a user, it provides a platform to create different starting points for potential customers to get in contact. The use of different aliases is applied to many accounts to enable employees in handling incoming emails as a team.
- Email groupings
Remembering different emails while sending out messages can be cumbersome and complicated. One can select different compartments for how people should receive messages which depend on categories such as accounts, sales, finance among others. The number of groupings is unlimited, which makes it beneficial to an individual app.
- Daily support
With G Suite, one is assured of customer support via phone, email or live chat. This is a great feature that’s absent with the free Gmail option. Having this feature can be of great help while integrating Google’s apps with a person’s web information.
By learning how and why one should install apps from the G Suite marketplace, one is in a position to make better-informed decisions. By following the above guide, one can never go wrong. It’s vital to install apps that will be worth the money that organizations spend to acquire them. Apps should offer the security of data and its sharing on a large scale.