Testing – Anvil, AS SSD & PCMark Vantage
The next test is Anvil Storage Utilities, which is a really great piece of software. The SSD benchmark gives you scores for both read and write as well as a combined score.
Anvil also includes Threaded IO tests, which test IOPS. We ran both the random read and random write tests. The results are below.
As you can see they match up pretty well to the advertised 98,000 read and 88,000 write IOPS.
The next test is the AS SSD Benchmark. This benchmark contains four synthetic as well as three practice tests. The will be concentrating on the main benchmark.
Again, great scores here. Right up to the specifications.
Our final test is the PCMark Vantage x64 HDD Suite. There are a total of 8 tests in this suite which give you the data speed in MB/s after each test. The tests are as follows:
– Windows Defender In Use
– Streaming Data from storage in games such as Alan Wake which allows for massive worlds and riveting non-stop action
– Importing digital photos into Windows Photo Gallery
– Starting the Vista Operating System
– Home Video editing with Movie Maker which can be very time consuming
– Media Center which can handle video recording, time shifting and streaming from Windows media center to an extender such as XBox
– Cataloging a music library
– Starting applications
The total score of the drive was 75523, which is pretty good.