Alienware has just announced the details and availability of their Alienware Area-51 gaming desktop. As you can see from the photos below the new Area-51 gaming desktop has a pretty unique design to it. Every Area-51 comes loaded with Intel’s latest six or eight core Haswell-E Core i7 K-series processors (factory-overclocked), liquid cooling, graphics options from both AMD or NVIDIA, DDR4 memory, Killer Gigabit Ethernet, Intel 802.11ac dual band WiFi and Windows 8.1.
The new Area-51 uses a new Triad industrial design engineered to improve the desktop gaming experience with a focus on optimized thermal management and ergonomics. This new functional design exceeds gamers’ requirements for easy access to front and rear ports, provides DIY enthusiasts with an open and comfortable chassis design for future upgrades, with each component meticulously laid out to optimize airflow for exceptional heat dissipation that ensures maximum performance.
Some great options for the Area-51 include:
– Intel Core i7-5960X Unlocked 8-Core Processor Overclocked to 4.0GHz with Turbo Boost
– Graphics Options include Triple AMD Radeon 290X, Triple NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 and even Dual NVIDIA GeForces Titan Z Graphics for Quad-GPU gaming
– 32GB of Quad Channel DDR4 at 2133MHz
– 512GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD main drive with a 4TB SATA 6Gb/s HDD Storage Drive
– Killer Gigabit Ethernet NIC
– Intel 802.11ac dual-band Wireless, WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0
– Windows 8.1 Pro (64 Bit)
Alienware has also updated their Alienware Command Center software that will allow you to customize the lights on the system, create widgets to show system information and more. Alienware has also announced a collaboration with ROCCAT where the AlienFX lighting system will work with ROCCAT’s gaming peripherals.
The Alienware Area-51 Gaming Desktop is available as of today and prices start at $1699.