When AMD launched their Ryzen 5000 series processors late last year we sort of got a “refresh” of X570 motherboards. One of those boards was the ASRock X570 PG Velocita, which sits in their Phantom Gaming (PG) line. This board is all ready for the new 5000 series processors with upgraded power stages, Killer networking for both the 2.5G LAN and 802.11ax WiFi 6, USB 3.2 gen 2, Gen4 M.2 NVMe storage, and of course a sleek design with RGB lighting. Is this the board you need to get for your Ryzen 5000 series build? Read on as we find out!
– Supports AMD AM4 Socket Ryzen™ 2000, 3000, 4000 G-Series and 5000 Series Desktop Processors
– 14 Power Phase Design, Digi Power, Dr. MOS
– Supports DDR4 5000+ (OC)
– 2 PCIe 4.0 x16, 3 PCIe 4.0 x1*
– Graphics Output Options: HDMI, DisplayPort
– 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec), Nahimic Audio
– 8 SATA3, 1 Hyper M.2 (PCIe Gen4 x4), 1 Hyper M.2 (PCIe Gen4 x4 & SATA3)*
– 3 USB 3.2 Gen2 (Rear Type A+C, Front Type-C), 10 USB 3.2 Gen1 (4 Front, 6 Rear)
– Killer E3100 2.5G LAN
– Killer AX1650 802.11ax WiFi 6
The X570 PG Velocita comes in ASRock’s typical retail box. On the front there is a large PG Velocita logo. Flipping over to the back we get a run-down of many of the board’s features, a list of specifications, and a rear I/O overview.
Getting everything out of the box besides the motherboard you’ll find four SATA cables, two velcro cable ties, WiFi antenna, screws for the M.2 slots, Phantom Gaming stickers, a Phantom Gaming post card, a driver and software CD, quick installation guide, and user’s guide.