AMD’s Ryzen 7000 series processors are here and with that we have new chipsets, which also means new motherboards! The biggest upgrades you are going to see from the previous generation (X570) is that you’ll finally get DDR5 on an AMD platform and PCI-Express 5.0 for not only your graphics card, but also storage. ASRock’s flagship series has always been their Taichi series and for Ryzen 7000 series today we’ll be taking a look at the X670E Taichi. This board is pretty decked out with features including a 24+2+1 power phase design, dual Thunderbolt 4 Type-C ports, four M.2 slots, WiFi 6E, and of course support for PCI-Express 5.0 and DDR5 as I mentioned. This is our first X670E motherboard we are taking a look at so we are quite excited, let’s jump in!
Special thanks to ASRock for providing us with the X670E Taichi Motherboard to review.
– Supports AMD Ryzen™ 7000 Series Processors
– 24+2+1 Phase Power Design, SPS for VCore+GT
– 4 x DDR5 DIMMs, supports up to 6600+(OC)
– 2 PCIe 5.0 x16
– Graphics Output Options: 2 USB4 Type-C, 1 HDMI
– Realtek ALC4082 5.1 CH HD Audio Codec,
– ESS SABRE9218 DAC, WIMA Audio Caps
– 1 Blazing M.2 (PCIe Gen5x4),
– 1 Hyper M.2 (PCIe Gen4x4 & SATA3),
– 2 Hyper M.2 (PCIe Gen4x4),
– 8 SATA3
– 2 USB4 Type-C (Rear),
– 1 USB 3.2 Gen2x2 Type-C (Front),
– 5 USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-A (Rear),
– 7 USB 3.2 Gen1 (3 Rear, 4 Front)
– Killer 2.5G LAN
– Killer 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6E + Bluetooth
The X670E Taichi comes in a nice retail box that has a huge Taichi logo on the front and lets us know that it is indeed the X670E Taichi motherboard and it supports DDR5 and PCI-Express 5.0. The front part of the box opens up so you can get a look at the board and some of the features of the board are detailed.
Flipping over to the back there is full picture of the board and more of the features are detailed. There is also a full list of specifications and I/O overview. Opening the box inside your find the board and accessories. As far as accessories go the board comes with 4 SATA cables, internal USB bracket, WiFi Antenna, Gen5 M.2 heatsink fan, two ASRock velcro straps, an ASRock post card, user’s guide, and M.2 standoffs and screws.