ASRock introduced their Steel Legend motherboards with the B450 Steel Legend, which we took a look at not that long ago. ASRock is now bringing over the Steel Legend series to Intel with the Z390 Steel Legend made for 8th and 9th generation Intel Core processors. ASRock is keeping the same type of design with the winter digital camo and silver accents. You’ll also get dual M.2 slots which come with heatsinks, a unique board design, premium 60A power chokes, nichicon 12K black caps, and of course RGB lighting. Could ASRock have another winner on their hands with the Z390 Steel Legend? Read on as we find out!
– Supports 9th and 8th Gen Intel® Core™ processors (Socket 1151)
– Supports DDR4 4266MHz+ (OC)
– 2 PCIe 3.0 x16, 3 PCIe 3.0 x1, 1 M.2 Key E for WiFi
– AMD Quad CrossFireX™ and CrossFireX™
– Graphics Output: DisplayPort, HDMI
– 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC1200 Audio Codec), Nichicon Fine Gold Series Audio Caps
– 6 SATA3, 2 Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA3)
– 2 USB 3.2 Gen2 (Rear Type A+C)
– 6 USB 3.2 Gen1 (4 Front, 2 Rear)
– Intel® Gigabit LAN
– Polychrome RGB SYNC
The ASRock Z390 Steel Legend comes in ASRock’s new style box for their Steel Legend motherboards. It simply says Z390 Steel Legend on the front and lets us know some of the main features.
Flipping over to the back we have an overview of the board, rear I/O, a list of specification and some of the main features are detailed.
Getting everything out of the box we of course have the Z390 Steel Legend motherboard, but as far as accessories go we have an I/O shield, 2 SATA cables, screws for the M.2 slots, a driver and utility CD, case sticker, a Steel Legend post card, quick installation guide, and software setup guide.