They teased it only a couple of days ago and now it is official! ASUS has just made their GTX 980 20th Anniversary Gold Edition official! This is their fastest GeForce GTX 980 model and has clock speeds of 1317 MHz core and 1431 MHz boost with the memory left untouched at 7.0 GHz (effective).
That gives it about at 15% overclock over the stock GTX 980. The card is made with a custom PCB that has a 14-phase VRM that is powered by two 8-pin connectors. ASUS has gone with a black and gold design that just looks great on the card. There are 20th Anniversary logos on the top shroud and on the side of the card as well. The logo on the side of the card lights up much like the ROG Matrix card.
The real show is on the back of the card where you have an all-gold backplate with both the ASUS and 20th Anniversary logos on it. The card does not feature a CoolTech fan on it but two regular ASUS fans. The card has adopted the 0dB technology from ASUS’s STRIX series, so the fans will only operate when the card reaches a certain temperature threshold.
Here are the official features from ASUS:
– DirectCU II with 0dB fan technology: Let you enjoy games in complete silence, and performs 15% cooler with 3X quieter than reference.
– DIGI+ VRM and 14-phase Super Alloy Power: 30%-less power noise and 5X-greater durability.
– Japanese-made 10K black-metallic capacitors: Provide 5X longer lifetime and 20% better temperature endurance.
– Memory Defroster: Instant defrost. Say goodbye to cold bugs.
– Safe Mode: One-press VBIOS reload.
– Color-coded Load Indicator: At-a-glance GPU load level.
– GPU Tweak with XSplit Gamecaster: Real-time and intuitive GPU clock boost, and live-stream your gameplay instantly.
And more pictures for your viewing pleasure…
Now word yet on pricing on when the card will be available.