be quiet! has been the leading manufacturer of power supplies in Germany and over the past year we have introduced many of their products to the US audience. We have taken a look at their Dark Power Pro 10 and Pure Power L8 power supplies and now we have the Power Zone 850W unit on our test bench today. This power supply is categorized as a more of a mainstream power supply as it has an 80PLUS Bronze certification. be quiet! has loaded it with great features though, including a fully modular design, a single powerful 12V rail and a 135mm SilentWings fan. Is this the power supply for you? Read on as we find out.
Special thanks to be quiet! for providing us with the Power Zone 850W Power Supply to review.
– 850 Watts of continuous power output with massive 12V rail design and DC-to-DC technology make this power supply ideal for overclocking
– Variable speed 135mm SilentWings fan with airflow-optimized blades, copper core fluid dynamic bearing, and special 6-pole motor enables quiet operation
– COOL*OFF feature runs fans for three minutes after system shutdown to protect your valuable components at their time of maximum heat stress
– Connect up to three case fans for optimized system cooling that is thermally controlled by the PSU, quieting your whole system
– Full cable management with quality sleeved cables and four PCI Express connectors supports maximum build flexibility and superior airflow in your case
– 80PLUS Bronze certification for high efficiency of up to 89%. Support of Intel’s Deep Power Down C6/C7 mode
– Product conception, design and quality control in Germany
The Power Zone 850W comes in be quiet’s typical retail packaging. While the front of the package is quite plain the back goes into detail on all of the features of the unit.
The side of the package actually gives you a complete overview of all of the cables that are included with the unit. This is great especially if you need a certain number of cables for your setup. Opening the package up and getting inside we find the Power Zone 850W unit, modular cables, power cable, screws and zip ties and the user’s manual.
For a full unboxing and overview of the Power Zone 850W unit be sure to check out our video below.