Fractal Design is a newer company that not a lot of people of heard about, including me. Their main focus is on cases and power supplies, but they also make their own fans. Today we’ll be looking at their mid-priced case, the Arc Midi, which features room for 8 fans, support of long graphics cards, and just an overall roomy interior. Read on further to see if this case will give this relatively unknown company good or bad expectations.
Special thanks to Fractal Design for providing us with the Arc Mid Tower to review.
- Stylish, minimalistic front panel with alu-look
- Optimized for performance, massive cooling and water cooling support
- A total of 8(!) fan slots (2x 140mm in front, 3x 120/140 in top, 1x 120/140 in bottom, 1x 120/140 in rear, 1x 140/180mm in side panel)
- 3x 140mm fans included (1x in front, 1x in rear and 1x in top)
- Support for dual 120mm radiator in top, even thicker radiators up to 60mm in thickness
- 8x white painted HDD trays, with silicone mounting
- Upper HDD cage is removable and rotatable
- USB3 support in front panel
- Excellent cable routing and cable routing covers
- Easily removable front panel with clip on fan slots
- Extra, vertically mounted expansion slot, suitable for fan controllers or non-input expansion cards
- 8x 3,5 inch HDD trays, compatible with SSD!
- 2x 5,25 inch bays, with 1x 5,25>3,5 inch converter included
- On top of front panel: 2x USB 2.0, 1x USB 3.0 and Audio I/O
- No PSU included (removable filter below PSU)
- M/B compatibility: Mini ITX, Micro ATX and ATX
- 7+1 expansion slots with sleek white painted brackets
- Supports graphic card lengths up to 290mm when removable HDD-Bay is in place
- Supports graphic card lengths up to 470mm without removable HDD-Bay
- Supports CPU coolers with height of 180mm
- Supports PSU’s with a depth of maximum circa 170mm, when using bottom 120/140mm fan location. When not using the bottom 120/140mm fan location, the case supports also longer PSU’s, typically 270mm.
- Case size (WxHxD): 230x460x515mm with front and top bezel in place
- Net weight: 10kg
The Fractal Arc comes packaged in a high quality package. The cardboard is thick and the design on the box is high quality ink with a high gloss finish. On the front of the box you’ll find a front angled view of the case with an ambient background. The back of the box shows some features and exactly where they are on the case.
The case is protected by two large pieces of hard foam as well as a thin plastic bag.