Nvidia released a new GeForce 445.98 Hotfix driver to correct a number of issues faced by its userbase. GeForce users have been experiencing very high levels of brightness in-game with HDR enabled. There are also some issues with Overwatch F1 2019 that are able to fix it.
Unlike WHQL drivers, Hotfix drivers are usually for those who are facing a particular set of issues with their currently installed driver. The following are the fixes provided by the GeForce 445.98 Hotfix driver:
- Notebooks with Maxwell generation GPUs may experience higher GPU utilization during gameplay leading to reduced battery life and higher temperature
- Fixed an issue where the shader cache was sometimes incorrectly purged on app launch
- Some games may appear very bright when HDR is enabled
- [F1 2019]: Game may randomly crash to desktop
- [Overwatch]: Improves game stability
- Fixes driver installation issue on Colorful GeForce GTX 1650
Weird flex with Colorful GTX 1650
It is really interesting to see an installation issue involving GTX 1650 made by a specific manufacturer. The notes are vague and don’t specify the actual problem faced with this. Colorful didn’t seem to have said anything about this problem their customers might face, nor they’ve updated its listed GeForce driver since December 2019. In any case, this should fix it.
The driver can be downloaded from here