Alright we are finally kicking off our Z590 motherboard reviews! While we’ve had these boards for a while now getting processors was a little more difficult than we anticipated. Z590 is exciting from a chipset standpoint and Intel boards are finally going to get some of the features AMD boards have had for a while now, the biggest being support for PCI-Express 4.0 from the CPU. So if you have an 11th Gen CPU the PCIe and M.2 slots powered by the CPU will offer Gen4 connectivity. You are also going to get USB 3.2 gen 2×2 from the chipset as well as native support for 3200 MHz DDR4 memory. Our first Z590 motherboard we are taking a look at is the Gigabyte Z590 AORUS Master. In the AORUS line Gigabyte is offering 9 Z590 boards with the AORUS Master sitting towards the top of the product stack. It is going to offer a 19-phase VRM with 90A power stages, three M.2 slots, WiFi 6E, 10GbE LAN, and that sleek AORUS look with a full-cover aluminum backplate. Is this the ultimate Z590 motherboard? Read on as we find out!
Special thanks to Gigabyte for providing us with the Z590 AORUS Master Motherboard to review.
– Supports 11th and 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Series Processors
– Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
– Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready
– 18+1 Phases Digital VRM Solution with 90A Smart Power Stage and Tantalum Polymer Capacitors Array
– Shielded Memory Routing to Avoid Interference
– Advanced Thermal Solution with Fins-Array II, Direct Touch Heatpipe II and NanoCarbon Baseplate
– Onboard Intel® WiFi 6E 802.11ax 2T2R & BT 5 with AORUS Antenna
– 125dB SNR AMP-UP Audio with High-End ESS SABRE 9118 DAC, ALC1220 and WIMA Audio Capacitors
– AQUANTIA® 10GbE BASE-T LAN with cFosSpeed
– Triple Ultra-Fast NVMe PCIe 4.0*/3.0 x4 M.2 with Thermal Guards II
– RGB FUSION 2.0 with Multi-Zone Addressable LED Light Show Design, Support Addressable LED & RGB LED Strips
– Smart Fan 6 Features Multiple Temperature Sensors , Hybrid Fan Headers with FAN STOP and Noise Detection
– Q-Flash Plus Update BIOS without Installing the CPU, Memory and Graphics Card
The Z590 AORUS Master comes in Gigabyte’s typical retail packaging for AORUS motherboards, so on the front you have a large AORUS logo and it lets is know the board supports 11th Gen Core processors.
Flipping over to the back we have a full list of specifications, run-down of rear I/O ports, and many of the features of the board are detailed. I feel that if you picked up this box at a store you would have a good idea of what this board is about.
Getting everything out of the box as far as accessories go you have a large set of AORUS stickers, WiFi antenna, noise detection cable, four SATA cables, G-connector, thermistor cable pack, RGB extension cable, M.2 mounting hardware, user’s guide, and a multilingual installation guide.