When you are building a new system it is likely you are goin to be choosing a motherboard from the “big 4” (ASUS, MSI. Gigabyte & ASRock) and rightfully so. These companies have consistently put out feature-packed motherboard and have really good reputations. It even took ASRock quite a while to really make a name for themselves. BIOSTAR is not exactly a company you think about when you are considering what motherboard to get. Well today we are going to be taking a look at our first BIOSTAR motherboard, the Z590GTA. It seems like a pretty plain-jane Z590 motherboard feature-wise, you get 2.5G LAN, USB 3.2 gen 2×2, and a 14-phase power design. Will this board make us change our mind on BIOSTAR? Read on as we find out!
Special thanks to BIOSTAR for providing us with the Z590GTA Motherboard to review.
– Supports 10th/11th Generation Intel Core™ Processor
– Intel Z590 single chip architecture
– Supports 4-DIMM DDR4- 2133/ 2400/ 2666/ 2800/ 2933 3200/ 3600(OC)/ 3733(OC)/ 3800(OC)/ 3866(OC)/ 4000(OC)/ 4133(OC)/ 4266(OC)/ 4333(OC)/ 5000+(OC) up to 128 GB Memory
– Supports PCIe 4.0
– Supports PCIe M.2 4.0 (64Gb/s)
– Supports Intel Optane Technology
– Supports HDMI 2.0
– Supports 2.5 GbE LAN
– Supports USB 3.2 Gen2x2 Type C
– Supports WiFi 6 module (No WiFi 6 card included)
The Z590GTA comes in a nice retail box that simply says “Z590GTA” on the front. Flipping over to the back many of the features of the board are detailed and we have a list of specifications and break-down of the rear I/O ports.
As far as accessories that come with the board you get four SATA 6GB/s cables, a driver and utility CD, and a user’s guide.