When you are building a new system it is likely you are goin to be choosing a motherboard from the “big 4” (ASUS, MSI. Gigabyte & ASRock) and rightfully so. These companies have consistently put out feature-packed motherboard and have really good reputations. It even took ASRock quite a while to really make a name for themselves. BIOSTAR is not exactly a company you think about when you are considering what motherboard to get. Well today we are going to be taking a look at our first BIOSTAR motherboard, the Z590GTA. It seems like a pretty plain-jane Z590 motherboard feature-wise, you get 2.5G LAN, USB 3.2 gen 2×2, and a 14-phase power design. Will this board make us change our mind on BIOSTAR? Read on as we find out!
– Supports 10th/11th Generation Intel Core™ Processor
– Intel Z590 single chip architecture
– Supports 4-DIMM DDR4- 2133/ 2400/ 2666/ 2800/ 2933 3200/ 3600(OC)/ 3733(OC)/ 3800(OC)/ 3866(OC)/ 4000(OC)/ 4133(OC)/ 4266(OC)/ 4333(OC)/ 5000+(OC) up to 128 GB Memory
– Supports PCIe 4.0
– Supports PCIe M.2 4.0 (64Gb/s)
– Supports Intel Optane Technology
– Supports HDMI 2.0
– Supports 2.5 GbE LAN
– Supports USB 3.2 Gen2x2 Type C
– Supports WiFi 6 module (No WiFi 6 card included)
The Z590GTA comes in a nice retail box that simply says “Z590GTA” on the front. Flipping over to the back many of the features of the board are detailed and we have a list of specifications and break-down of the rear I/O ports.
As far as accessories that come with the board you get four SATA 6GB/s cables, a driver and utility CD, and a user’s guide.