When you first look at this motherboard you think to yourself is this really a Gigabyte Gaming Motherboard? Yes, Gigabyte has ditched the neon green and black design and has opted to change their gaming line to a red and black design, which is common for gaming motherboards these days. Don’t let the color change fool you this motherboard is packed with features. First and foremost for gamers this motherboard is capable of 4-way multiple graphics card configuration thanks to the PLX PEX8747 chip, it has Killer E2200 networking platform for no-lag gaming, and AMP-UP audio technology for the best game sound. If that is not enough you also have SATA Express, gold-plated display and audio ports, and Gigabyte’s Ultra Durable design so you know this board is built with quality components. Let’s jump in!
Special thanks to Gigabyte for providing us with the Z97X-Gaming GT Motherboard to review.
– Supports 4th and 5th Generation Intel® Core™ processors
– Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi MB3 gaming audio suite
– AMP-UP Audio technology with exclusive Upgradable OP-AMP
– Audio Noise Guard with LED path lighting
– Dual DAC-UP USB ports
– Gold plated display and audio ports
– High end Nichicon audio capacitors
– Realtek ALC1150 115dB SNR HD Audio with Built-in rear audio amplifier
– Killer™ E2200 gaming networking platform
– Extreme gaming 4-way graphics support
– SATA Express support for 10 Gb/s data transfer
– Long lifespan Durable Black Solid caps
– APP Center including EasyTune™ and Cloud Station™ utilities
– GIGABYTE UEFI DualBIOS™
The Z97X-Gaming GT comes in Gigabyte’s typical retail packaging for motherboards. The only real information on the front is the product name and that this board uses and Ultra Durable design.
Flipping the box over we can see a full overview of the motherboard and the rear I/O as well. Many of the features of the board are covered here.
The front of the box actually opens like a book so you can get a look at the motherboard before you buy it.
Getting everything out of the box you have quite a few things that come with the motherboard. There are 4-way, 3-way and dual SLI connectors, a CrossFire connector, I/O shield, 4 SATA cables, driver and utility CD, multilingual install guidebook and the user’s manual.
For a full unboxing and overview of the Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming GT be sure to check out the video below.