Google has just announced that their Stadia Pro service will be launching in November of this year. It is going to cost you $130 upfront for the Founder’s Edition, which will include a limited edition Night Blue Stadia Controller, Chromecast Ultra, a free copy of Destiny 2, and 3 months of Stadia Pro for users and a special friend of theirs.
Google Stadia Pro
Besides the Founder’s Edition pack, Stadia will come in two packages. First is Stadia Pro, which will be $9.99 a month and allow you to play games up to 4K at 60 FPS with HDR and 5.1 surround sound. The Stadia service will always require a Chromecast Ultra and a Stadia controller, each of which are $70, so the $130 for the Founder’s Edition is likely the best bet if you are interested in this service as you get everything you need plus 3 months free and Destiny 2.
Google Stadia Base
Google Stadia Base will be free and allow for gaming up to 1080p at 60FPS. Again you’ll need a Chromecast Ultra and a Stadia controller to use this service. With Stadia you’ll always have to purchase each game you’re going to play on the platform – it is a digital storefront like any other.
To access the Stadia service Google says users with an up to 1Mbps connection can play games at up to 720p in 60 FPS with smooth gameplay and stereo sound. However, users that want to take advantage of the 4K, 60 FPS, HDR and 5.1 surround will have to have at least a 35Mbps connection.
Games Available on Stadia
21 publishers have already signed on to have games on the service, making 31 total games available. Below is a full list of publishers and respective games…
- Bandai Namco – Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2
- Bethesda – DOOM Eternal, DOOM 2016, Rage 2, The Elder Scrolls Online, Wolfenstein: Youngblood
- Bungie – Destiny 2
- Capcom – TBD
- Coatsink – Get Packed (Stadia exclusive)
- Codemasters – GRID
- Deep Silver – Metro Exodus
- Drool – Thumper
- Electronic Arts – TBD
- Giants Software – Farming Simulator 19
- Larian Studios – Baldur’s Gate 3
- nWay Games – Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid
- Rockstar Games – TBD
- Sega – Football Manager
- SNK – Samurai Shodown
- Square Enix – Final Fantasy XV, Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Shadow of the Tomb Raider
- 2K Games – NBA 2K, Borderlands 3
- Tequila Works – Gylt (Stadia exclusive)
- Warner Bros. – Mortal Kombat 11
- THQ – Darksiders Genesis
- Ubisoft – Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint, Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Trials Rising, The Crew 2
At launch Stadia will only be available in the following countries: Belgium, Finland, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, and the USA.