Converting regular TV to smart TV is quite an excitement for many users today. The tech world is flocking with new devices and features, which digitalize gadgets, making them super smart. The HDMI portal accommodates a special Amazon Firestick. Thus, it provides all internet entertainment content such as Netflix, Amazon prime video, Hulu, and more. Now here is the catch: users must pay a subscription fee to watch since it is not regular TV. An expensive offer to keep up with. This where Kodi Firestick plays the trick.
FiresOS backs the majority of Amazon streaming devices. The device allows apps such as Kodi to run on the devices. There are new versions of Kodi example, the Kodi 18.9 Leia version, which is easy to download and install. Kodi comes in handy for users who want to Jailbreak their Firestick. This gives freedom to free movies, TV shows, sports entertainment, kid’s shows, and more.
However, every good deal always has a catch. The free version requires some technical work. The Kodi feature is legal until installing third-party addons, which might not check on illegal content, thus violating the Amazon piracy policies. However, user can enjoy the services using addons and accessing content which is not copyrighted. This will keep you from legal trouble with the government and ISP.
How to download Kodi on Firestick
Kodi is a perfect open-source media that operates on different devices. The media is compatible with varying versions of firestick. A Firestick is a streaming video player device designed as a USB to fit on the TV’s HDMI portal. It stores different files and provides the user with full HD internet streaming content. Firestick turns TVs into smart gadgets, though, at a price. To have the same service at no cost, the user needs to implement a Kodi feature. However, the question remains is how to download Kodi on Firestick.
Before download and installing the feature, one needs to instruct and format their Fire TV stick. To accept the third-party addons. Here are a few steps to modify the device.
- On your Firestick device, go to the setting menu.
- Select the option “device” from the list.
- Next, click on the tab, “Developer options.”
- Now you can enable the option which indicates “apps from unknown sources.”
- The system will send a warning post to confirm the process and ignore the command.
Methods to install/download Kodi on Firestick (Firestick, Fire TV stick lite, Fire TV stick 4K, and Fire TV cube)
Installing Kodi on Firestick using downloader
- Open your Fire TV and on the screen, click on the search button.
- Enter the word downloader, and the application name will appear on the search bar. Click on the name to proceed.
- Next, select the cloud icon under the app’s description. The system will download and install the app in a few minutes.
- Once the downloading process is done, open the app and select the “settings” option.
- Next, type the Kodi URL address and press the option “Go” to continue.
- The website will open, showing different details. Select the platform indicated as “Android.”
- The download tab will open on the Kodi website page.
- Again click the Android logo to access a new page, click a blue icon written as “ARMV7A (32BIT).”
- A new page will open, and in a few seconds, the download process will complete.
- After the Kodi download, a new installation window will appear. It will show using the Kodi logo. Click the install button to start the process.
- This will take a few minutes to complete after installation; select the “open” tab.
- Welcome to Kodi
Installing Kodi on Firestick using ES file explorer
The ES file explorer process is similar to the above process. Follow the steps for a successful installation.
- Open your Firestick device and proceed to the search tab.
- On the search bar, enter the word ES file explorer; the internet will show different searches. Select the first option to continue.
- A new page will open with a different option-click the blue colored cloud indicated as ES.
- Select the cloud icon under the download and install ES file explorer button. The system will start the download process, and once installed, click on the tab “play button.”
- The system will send a promotion offer on top of the page, dismiss it and proceed.
- Next, click the option “favorites>add” on the screen. S
- The system will require you to enter two options: path and name.
- For the path, option enters the link https://bit.ly/2DFCvHE and on the name tab enter “KD.”
- Go back to the previous page and click on the options “favorites>KD.”
- A new web page will open with information “download started”
- Proceed with the menu list and click on the options “more.”
- A menu will show on the same page; click the tab “open browser.”
- The system will request whether you like to use ES download to access the link.
- Confirm the request by clicking the option “just once.” The user needs to click twice on the remote.
- The Kodi app will start downloading on the file.
- Give the processing time and click the open file, then install.
- Open the installation screen and select the option “install.”
- After the Kodi app is installed, click the option “open” to launch the app on your device.
The download and installation process is fast and straightforward with a proper internet connection. Ensure to have a strong VPN, too, to help in identity disguise.