So many people think that Computer Monitors are all the same, but really they are not. You cannot simply just go out a purchase a monitor and be done with it, especially if you have specific needs. Today we will be looking at a 23-inch widescreen monitor from Geeks.com which features 1920 x 1080 full HD resolution, a 5ms response time, HDMI input and integrated speakers. This display sells for just over $150, let’s see if it’s a good deal or not…
Special thanks to Geeks.com for providing us with the HP De-Branded 23-inch Widescreen LCD Monitor to review.
– Black/Silver color scheme
– 23-inch TFT LCD active matrix display
– 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio
– 1920 x 1080 Full HD resolution @ 60 Hz analog mode
– BrightView technology
– Tiltable screen
– 300 cd/m2 brightness
– 5 ms response time
– Integrated speakers
– Text mode: 720 x 400
– Dot pitch: 0.265 x 0.265 mm
– Horizontal frequency (analog mode): 24 to 83 kHz
– Vertical refresh rate (analog mode): 48 to 76 Hz
– Comes with base
– VESA 100 mm x 100 mm wall mountable
– 15-pin VGA
– Audio in
– 16.5 x 22 x 7.5-inches (H x W x D, approximate)
– 100-240V, 50/60Hz, 1.5A
As I said in the intro this display is from Geeks.com and it is refurbished. We have received many refurbished displays from Geeks.com and we haven’t had a single issue with any of them. So when you think of refurbished from Geeks.com, don’t like beat up. The display itself comes in a normal retail box.
Opening up the box the display is nicely protected by large pieces of Styrofoam. Inside you will find the 23-inch display, VGA cable, audio cable, power cable and instructions. I really do not like that there is not a HDMI cable included.