We’ve been fans of HyperX’s Cloud gaming headsets since they were first released a few years back. Since the first headset HyperX has just got it right in terms of sound quality, comfort, and style. HyperX’s latest release, the Cloud MIX, attempts to go into a realm HyperX has not been before, wireless. The Cloud MIX as the name suggests is not just for PC use though, it is designed as a gaming headset that you can use on your PC, console, mobile device, etc. It features not only Bluetooth wireless connectivity, but a wired connection too, so HyperX is hoping this is the all-around headset for anyone. Will this headset replace the Cloud Alpha, which I use daily? Or my wireless travel headphones, the BOHM B66’s? Read on as we find out!
Special thanks to HyperX for providing us with the Cloud MIX headset to review.
– Wired gaming headset certified for Hi-Res Audio
– Bluetooth® wireless technology for on the go connectivity
– HyperX Dual Chamber Drivers for more distinction and less distortion
– Signature HyperX comfort and durability
– Built-in mic and a detachable boom mic
– Detachable braided cable with in-line audio control
– Intuitive onboard controls
– Multi-device compatibility
The HyperX Cloud MIX comes in a nice retail package that is very informative. On the front we have a photo of the headset and some of the main features are listed.
Flipping over to the back there is another photo of the headset and more details listed.
Opening the box up and getting everything out with have the Cloud MIX headset, audio cable with in-line controls, 3.5mm PC extension cable, USB to microUSB charging cable, detachable microphone, nylon bag for storage, and a quick start guide.