We have been looking at Icy Dock products for quite some time now, both external and internal solutions. They have recently released a new product that really caught my eye and seemed different from their normal offerings. The product that I am talking about is their Black Vortex (MB074SP-1B) 3.5-inch SATA HDD 4 in 3 Hot Swap Module Cooler Cage. This device allows you to fit four 3.5-inch hard drives into three 5.25-inch drive bays, but beyond that it has a blue LED cooling fan and a pretty unique design. If you need extra hard drive space in your system this is the perfect device for you and it looks great as well! Read on as we take a look…
– Fits 4 x 3.5” HDD into 3 x 5.25” hot swappable Device Bays
– Fits 3.5” SATA I/II/III HDD, up to 6TB
– LED brightness control and Fan speed control
– Hard drive activity light for each individual bay
– Individual shrouded drive power buttons
– Removable handles for computer cases with doors
– Custom locking latch for 15 pin SATA power
– Front access with hot-swap design to easily install/remove drives
– EZ-Grip handles allow easy installation and compatible with HDD docking stations
– Compatible with ICY DOCK 2.5” to 3.5” HDD/SSD EZConvert converters
– Huge 120mm cooling fan effectively keep the drives cool and decrease overall system temperature
– Fan is replaceable with aftermarket fans
– Ventilated architecture allows maximum airflow
– Easy to clean dust filters prevent dust from entering your system
– Built with a robust full metal frame that’s made to last
– Beautiful ambient blue LED fan glow illuminates your chassis
The Black Vortex comes in Icy Dock’s typical retail packaging. On the front there is a picture of the unit powered on and it does list and highlight some of the main features.
On the back of the box we have a full list of specifications and another photo of the unit.
One side of the box highlights the hot-swap design and the SATA connections on the back of the unit.
The opposite side shows that the cooling fan has a dust filter and shows the controls on the front of the device.
Opening the box up inside we have the Black Vortex unit, mounting screws and instructions.
For a full unboxing and overview of the Black Vortex be sure to check out the video below.