HyperX, a division of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the launch of HyperX Cloud Mav Edition, Freestyle Series. HyperX Cloud Mav Edition lets gamers show a “maverick” gaming personality and individual style via intricate, hand-drawn art finished with polished gloss on the ear cups.
The limited edition headset is available in select regions and markets. HyperX Cloud Mav Edition delivers rich sound quality with crystal-clear low, mid, and high tones plus enhanced bass reproduction for a fully immersive gaming experience. It is high-fidelity capable utilizing 53 mm drivers, a closed cup design and detachable microphone. Two sets of ear cushions (leatherette and velour) lets gamers customize sound profiles and comfort.
“We are excited to expand our line of HyperX headsets with the new Cloud Mav Edition, Freestyle Series,” said Lawrence Yang, business manager, HyperX. “The Freestyle Series is based on the award-winning Cloud headset and allows us to feature radical designs by creative artists while maintaining the same great sound and comfort of the original.”
HyperX is the high-performance product division of Kingston Technology encompassing high-speed DDR4 and DDR3 memory, SSDs, USB Flash drives, headsets and mouse pads. Targeted at gamers, overclockers and enthusiasts, HyperX is known throughout the world for quality, performance and innovation. HyperX is committed to eSports as it sponsors over 25 teams globally and is the main sponsor of Intel Extreme Masters. HyperX can be found at many shows including Brasil Game Show, China Joy, DreamHack, gamescom and PAX.
HyperX Cloud Mav Edition, Freestyle Series Features:
– Comfortable: Memory foam ear cushions with leatherette-padded headband
– Customizable: Switch between leatherette and velour ear cushions for varying sound profiles and feel
– Compatible: With PCs, notebooks, tablets, mobile phones, airplane adapters and PS4 consoles
– Guaranteed: Two-year warranty, free technical support
– Transducer type: Dynamic Ø 53mm
– Operating principle: Closed
– Frequency response: 15Hz-25,000Hz
– Nominal impedance: 60 Ω per system
– Nominal SPL: 98±3dB
– T.H.D.: < 2% - Power handling capacity: 150mW - Sound coupling to the ear: Circumaural - Ambient noise attenuation: Approx. 20 dBa - Headband pressure: 5N - Weight with microphone and cable: 350g - Cable length and type: 1m + 2m extension + 10cm iPhone - Connection: Mini stereo jack plug (3.5 mm) Microphone Specifications:
– Transducer type: Condenser (back electret)
– Operating principle: Pressure gradient
– Polar pattern: Cardioid
– Power supply: AB powering
– Supply voltage: 2V
– Current consumption: Max 0.5 mA
– Nominal impedance: ≤2.2 k Ω
– Open circuit voltage: At f = 1 kHz: 20 mV / Pa
– Frequency response: 100-12,000 Hz
– THD: 2% at f = 1 kHz
– Max. SPL: 105dB SPL (THD≤1.0% at 1 KHz)
– Microphone output: -39±3dB
– Length mic boom: 150mm (include gooseneck)
– Capsule diameter: Ø6*5 mm
– Connection: Mini stereo jack plug (3.5mm)
For more information, visit the product page.