The thing that certainly stands out the most about Kingwin’s Lazer Platinum Power Supply is certainly the 80 Plus Platinum certification printed right on the front of the box. Platinum is the highest level of CSCI certification, which means, in a nutshell, that it one of the most efficient PSU’s on the market and will help your PC’s lifespan last longer with greatly reduced heat.
Another great feature is the ECO Intelligent Thermal Control System, which will help keep maximum cooling performance while maintaining minimal fan noise by preventing fan rotation, unless the temperature reaches around 70 Degrees Celsius. The unit was also designed with high end GPU performance in mind with two 6 Pin and two 6+2 Pin PCI connections. Let’s take a look.
Special thanks to Kingwin for providing us with the Lazer Platinum 550W Power Supply to review.
- 550 Watts Maximum Power
- 140MM Fan with Intelligent Auto Speed Control
- 80 PLUS Platinum High Efficiency Power Supply Certified
- Stable + 12V Current
- Supports Intel Core i7-980X, Core i7, Core i5, Core 2 Quad, Core 2 Duo & AMD Phenom II X6, Phenom II X4, Phenom II X3, Athlon 64 X2 High Performance CPU
- Compliance with ATX 12V v2.2, EPS 12V v2.91, and SSI EPS 12V v2.92 Specification
- SLI and Crossfire Support
- Full Range Design from 115V ~ 250V (Active PFC)
- 50% Load (92% Efficiency),20% Load (90% Efficiency), 100% Load (89% Efficiency)
- ECO Intelligent Thermal Control System
- 5 X 4-pin Peripheral Power Connector
- 1 X 4-pin Floppy Drive Connector
- 1 X 24-pin (20+4 pin) Main Connector
- 1 X 8-pin + 12V Power Connector
- 2 X 6-pin PCI Express Connector
- 8 X 5-pin SATA Connector
- 2 X 8-pin (6+2 pin) PCI Express Connector
The box comes in a simple, attractive design. Kingwin unsurprisingly touts the Platinum status in big bold letters on the front of the package. On the back, there is an image promoting the Power Supply’s potential to be overclocked to 650W.
Inside you’ll find the items neatly arranged with the additional connectors placed in a Kingwin-labeled velcro bag. There is also a brief manual, the power cord, and the mounting screws placed alongside the Power Supply itself.