Last year we took a look at Lenovo’s IdeaPad Slim 7 Carbon which was one of their first laptops that made use of a carbon fiber reinforced chassis that was not part of their famous ThinkPad line. Well Lenovo is back with their Slim 7i Carbon which is a 13-inch laptop that packs in a Core i7-1260P processor, 16GB of LPDDR5 RAM, 2.5K 90 Hz display, and of course you get that carbon fiber chassis which means this laptop is going to be extremely lightweight and easy to take with you anywhere! Is this going to be the ultimate thin and light laptop for your everyday needs? Read on as we find out!
Special thanks to Lenovo for providing us with the Slim 7i Carbon to review.
– Peak performance anywhere with Intel® Evo™, now featuring 12th Gen Intel® Core™ processors
– A starting weight of less than 1kg / 2.19 pounds
– Multi-layer carbon fiber Web-Core 2.0 for an incredibly thin, rugged chassis
– See more with the PureSight 13.3″ 2.5K 90Hz display
– Comfort-edge design with three different two-tone color options
Processor: Intel Core i7-1260P
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro
Display: 13.3″ 2.5K (2560 x 1600) IPS, 90 Hz
Memory: 16 GB LPDDR5
Storage: 512GB SSD
Dimensions (HxWxD): 14.8mm x 300.98mm x 206.03mm
Weight: 2.19 lbs
Our Slim 7i Carbon was sent directly from Lenovo and came in two different boxes. One had the laptop and the other had the power adapter and accessories. As far as accessories go you are going to get a small 65W power adapter and a Type-C dongle that has HDMI, DVI, a combo audio jack, and a USB 3.2 gen 1 port.
The laptop itself comes nicely protected and does come with a quick start guide.